Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High pulse pressure when waking up .. 125 beats per min
High pulse pressure when waking up .. 125 beats per min
Hey i checked my oxygen and pulse yest when work up

It was like 90 during day for most part

and like 125 when waking up..

I read online this can be caused by sleep apnea.

I have been eating alot more fruits, vegs and whole grains lately and have cut out eggs too .

Am a bit worried about my health..

I'm hoping using my apnea machine will cause my body to be less stressed.

i'm a 39 year old for most part in shape guy.. could lose about 30 pounds
People whom sleep around me say i have sleep apnea.. very badly and have to leave room literally so loud
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High pulse pressure when waking up .. 125 beats per min
Hi mikeinthecountry34.  Welcome to the Apnea Board.  Looks like you need a sleep study to determine the type and severity of your Sleep Apnea.  I would also suggest you contact your family physician for a physical exam including blood work and an EKG.  See if you can get a recommendation for a good sleep doctor either from local friends or your family physician.  You could also try for an appointment at your nearest University Health Center.  Once you get a diagnosis you can get a CPAP/APAP machine so that you can begin therapy. EDIT: I saw your other post about getting a machine on your own. I would advise against that in light of your pulse problems. You need a workup from a Doctor.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
And perhaps a cardiologist... You should not be in Tachycardia ( >100 BPM ) upon waking.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't panic, as when your oxygen levels drop your heart rate increases to try to get more oxygen to your brain. We often wake after an apnoea event so your oxygen levels may already be dropping immediately before you woke.

When my sats drop to 94-96 my pulse will jump from 68 to well over 100 bpm. This occurs as you need less oxygen when sleeping than when you are active (more muscles to feed as well as your brain!)
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed my waking pulse was in the high 90s the year before I was diagnosed with OSA. I couldn't figure out why, being quite fit and exercising daily, and nothing had changed. 

A prolonged episode of tachycardia (176 BPM for approx an hour)  landed me in ER and the emergency doctor recommended an overnight sleep study which confirmed moderate OSA. 

Make an appointment with your doctor to have a sleep study ASAP, also see a cardiologist, although more than likely the OSA is causing your low oxygen levels and tachycardia, which will resolve when you start treatment for OSA.

My waking pulse is now around 62 BPM. (thanks to CPAP!)  and mean sleep oxygen saturation level went from 93% (untreated) to 98% with CPAP. Low oxygen levels were causing major stress on my cardiovascular system, and I strongly suspect this to be the case for you as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2017, 02:15 PM)mikeinthecountry344 Wrote: Hey i checked my oxygen and pulse yest when work up

It was like 90 during day for most part

and like 125 when waking up..

I read online this can be caused by sleep apnea.

I have been eating alot more fruits, vegs and whole grains lately and have cut out eggs too .

Am a bit worried about my health..

I'm hoping using my apnea machine will cause my body to be less stressed.

i'm a 39 year old for most part in shape guy.. could lose about 30 pounds
People whom sleep around me say i have sleep apnea.. very badly and have to leave room literally so loud

sounds like hypopnea or central apnea 
my pulse went up to 172 when my O2 went down to 82 

lower the O2 the harder the heart pumps to keep the brain and heart etc getting enough oxygen
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2017, 06:41 AM)Timur Wrote: I noticed my waking pulse was in the high 90s the year before I was diagnosed with OSA. I couldn't figure out why, being quite fit and exercising daily, and nothing had changed. 

A prolonged episode of tachycardia (176 BPM for approx an hour)  landed me in ER and the emergency doctor recommended an overnight sleep study which confirmed moderate OSA. 

Make an appointment with your doctor to have a sleep study ASAP, also see a cardiologist, although more than likely the OSA is causing your low oxygen levels and tachycardia, which will resolve when you start treatment for OSA.

My waking pulse is now around 62 BPM. (thanks to CPAP!)  and mean sleep oxygen saturation level went from 93% (untreated) to 98% with CPAP. Low oxygen levels were causing major stress on my cardiovascular system, and I strongly suspect this to be the case for you as well.

Sleep apnea put me in atrial fib, like you I was very fit , had had a previous sleep study 10 years before and no apnea back then...it's in my bio if you want to read the full details.
We all have something to share on here in common as I learn more and read the posts every day.

Great board.
Post Reply Post Reply
"I have been eating alot more fruits, vegs and whole grains lately and have cut out eggs too .
Am a bit worried about my health.."

That didn't work for me. I would cut the Sugars: including fruit/juice. Cut Starches: including breads, pasta, rice, potato etc.
Eat lots of low carb vegetables, salad, moderate protein and add healthy fats to replace the lost carb energy.

This gives a simple overview to how it works for me. The more carbs I eat, the more carbs I want. They don’t give up easy and it’s biochemical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEayi6IB...D8&index=6

what to expect the first week, besides being hungry for the first 2 days, then it stops
https://www.verywell.com/getting-through...ek-2242037
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,208 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 689 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,414 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.