Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Higher pressures & Resmed AirTouch F20
Higher pressures & Resmed AirTouch F20
I'm a newbie and I'm trying to find a mask that fits correctly. I won't go thru all the details but I think a FFM is probably best for me. I've read that the surface area of the AirTouch F20 makes it harder to keep sealed at higher pressures. I'm wondering what experienced users are finding. My last OSCAR data:
              Min      Med  95%   Max
Pressure12.14 15.24 21.78 22.44
EPAP     12.00 12.16 12.48 12.74
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Higher pressures & Resmed AirTouch F20
Welcome to the forum. I have used several FF masks and currently use the AirFit F20. The AirTouch F20 is the same mask with a memory foam seal instead of silicone. I don't believe it has more surface area than others I have used. I have found it to be the most leak free and comfortable mas I have ever used. My 95% leak rate is almost always 0. My max pressure, however, is only 14. Perhaps someone with experience with it at higher pressures will respond
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I started out using an AirFit F20 and then went with an AirFit F30. It worked well for a while. Then it started giving me issues with air leakage. 

I'm thinking I'll be going back to the AirFit F20 in the near future. From what I have heard from others on this forum, is the the AirTouch F20 doesn't seem to hold up as well, due to the memory foam. It wears quickly and tends to roll over or under. 

I'd like my mask to be as minimal as possible, but I'm a side-sleeper and a die hard-mouth breather. Becuase of those two issues, the AirFit F20 seems to serve me best.

When I was using my F20, I rarely ever had a mask seal issue or problem. My F30 tends to be erratic.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your comments! Are your pressures still 6-12?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2019, 08:33 PM)stevenospam Wrote: Thanks for your comments! Are your pressures still 6-12?

Thanks

Yes, they are. I haven't messed with them at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I am using airfit f20 since april 5th 2019, and on CPAP since september 2017. Lost a lot of time trying nasal, and four-air ffm. Airfit F20 workout almost everything; particularly mouth breathing and leaks. My true therapy only started after f20 and Oscar. I am a side sleeper and have been noticed leaking dominantly associated with sedating medications (experiencing on PLM's control), rather than with pressures (howerver, never went to more than current 12.8 roof).
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the AirTouch F20 ffm at pressures up to 15 with no leak problems, but I do need to tighten the headgear more than I would with the silicone version (which leaks for me no matter how tight I make it). I am also a side sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the AirFit F20 for almost a year. I was using a Medium size that wound up creating numerous problems for me. I'm smack dab in between a Medium and Large according to ResMed's mask fitting gauge. So after 10 months I tried a Medium AirTouch F20, then the AirFit F20 in a Large.

The AirFit F20 Large was very comfortable for me and I lost all the problems I had with the Medium size mask. The AirTouch was comfortable, but a Medium was way too small as the memory foam seemed to roll in instead of simply compress and seal. And the feeling was smaller than expected. A large would probably be fine for me. But the consideration for me is that my insurance pays nothing for my equipment. And the memory foam reportedly doesn't last as long as the silicone seal. So since all my problems went away when I bumped to the larger AirFit mask, I decided to stick with AirFit. I do think a properly fitted AirTouch would seal better than the AirFit, but all of my equipment came from my wallet, so a bit of savings is appreciated along with the AirFit longevity.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got both ResMed F20 AirFit and AirTouch. Silicone was better for me but both could handle my 25.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies! It sounds to me like it's a safe bet to use the AirTouch F20 so I'm going to give it a go. While I had a great night's sleep last night (AHI .25), I had to get up at 2:00 a.m. to take the DreamWear FFM off and put it back on in order to stop the leaks. Also, it really irritates my nose. I can't wait for a new mask!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 611 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 105 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,431 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  Central apnea and high pressures? esaulcatnas 20 1,731 02-16-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.