Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Highest Periodic Breathing, Leaks and Apnea Ever!
RE: Highest Periodic Breathing, Leaks and Apnea Ever!
(06-19-2020, 01:44 PM)jennie54 Wrote: I sent a message to my doctor about my concerns and what was recommended and his reply was "6/19/2020 no need for cervical collar for pulmonary or sleep disease. Dr. Baker" 
So I have seen 2 other Sleep Medicine/Pulmonary doctors here in Louisville since starting to see Dr. Baker and honestly they had just as little concern about my poor sleep quality as Dr. Baker did. 3 different sleep medicine doctors in the last few years and I still am at square one. Any recommendations for someone in my general area that I may reach out to and finally get the care I need for my sleep apnea? 
It's ridiculous that when you get to a certain age that you can't find health professionals that actually care to help. So I won't get a script for a new machine, so what now?

Unfortunately, all too often this is so true.  This is why forums on Apnea are around and why OSCAR exists.  
You could forward your doc a couple of abstracts
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11894202/  Effect of Jaw and Head Position on Airway Resistance in Obstructive Sleep Apnea
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8769498/  Effect of Jaw Position and Posture on Forced Inspiratory Airflow in Normal Subjects and Patients With Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand that you want your doctors to concur with a course of action, but this forum is about self-empowerment. We have helped hundreds of members or perhaps thousands overcome similar problems to your own. We have observed what works very inexpensively and extremely well when we see clusters of obstructive events. You can do this without a doctor, prescription or insurance for less than $30, or you can do nothing at all. It is really your choice. One of the most amazing posts we routinely see on the forum is the amazement and disbelieve when someone actually tries it, and goes from dozens of events to nearly nothing and feeling better. That could be you, but it's your decision.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What software is that you are using to get all of the information?
Post Reply Post Reply
wtcamb,

Download OSCAR software.  Be sure there is an SD card in your cpap.
There are links in our signature lines to guide you if you want to post some data for review.  

If you do, be sure to start your own thread.  

Welcome to Apnea Board!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Oscar software from day 1 to download my data
Post Reply Post Reply
I am starting to get very desperate to take matters into my own hands - I woke up this morning, looked at my data and wonder how in God's name I am still alive. I need all of your help to get me going to better sleep- I don't care about the cost because my health far outweighs the price I am willing to pay for sleeping better and getting my events and leaks under control. I am literally at the same point or worse than I was 12 years ago before ever using CPAP - high AHI events, extreme leaks, overwhelming fatigue during the day every day, so bad I can barely function. I understand my age and health issues play a major part in the way I feel as well as the medications I am on, but when you try as hard as I do and wear that mask religiously night after night for over 10 years it would seem something would have to eventually improve. I will post some of my data from just the last 3 nights for your determination on a new reply.Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Sorry, but you cannot attach this file because you have reached your attachment quota of 9.77 MB"

This is the message I just got when trying to attach my data. So I guess I will log out and try again later, sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply

Will try to attach some date from the last 3 nights. Getting very desperate here...
Post Reply Post Reply
        A few other posts for comparison...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll go back to the suggestion of bonjour, soft cervical collar. Research one from a company called Coreflex. I'm thinking that was it; just had a review done on it. On phone so I can't load more tabs easily to grab this info. Second step afterwards is the machine change.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,572 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 296 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 358 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  periodic leg movement sheepless 151 16,833 04-13-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 445 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 357 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 770 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.