Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Highrateleaker Therapy Thread
Highrateleaker therapy thread
Hi there - looks like I finally got the high leak rate figured out. My first night's results under the new regime attached.

I have an Airlift F20 full face mask. It's very uncomfortable, digs into my face, so I added a fabric pad that makes it bearable but also makes it hard to get a good seal. I have to pull the headgear very tight in order to get leak rate below 30 L/min.

My last sleep study showed 10.8 AHI. But here I seem to have zero.

The gaps on the chart - I got up to go to the bathroom three times during the 4:42 of usage.

I got another ~90 minutes of sleep in after taking the mask off, and I was absolutely exhausted this morning.

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Highrateleaker therapy thread
Your AHI looks great. Most feel starved for air at pressures in thee range of 4-6. Also. to get full advantage of your EPR setting of 3 you need to set your minimum pressure to 7 since the machine cannot go lower than 4. I suspect your pressure increases are due to flow limitations which EPR will reduce. I can only speculate since you didn't include the flow limitation graph. p[ease re-post your data with that included. You can use the mouse to flatten the other graphs a little make room for it. I use the F20 mask and it only hurts my face if I adjust it to tight. That may be your problem. Also a too tight adjustment can cause leaks just as too loose. See the link to the mask primer below. I adjust my mask until it just leaks slightly and then pull it away from my face slightly and reseat it to allow the cushion to inflate. The result is a comfortable fit with no leaks. Hope this helps.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the feedback. Attaching the flow limit.

Post Reply Post Reply
please add the flow limits to your original chart. We want to see event flags, flow rate, pressure, leak rate, and flow limits together in the same chart. You can make them fit by compressing the height of each graph by clicking on the line under each and moving it up. It appears that your pressure increases correlate with spikes in your flow limitations but it is easier to see if they are in the same chart.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My bad. Attached.

Post Reply Post Reply
Please see the link below on how to organize your data. We want to see the sidebar data and just the 5 graphs I mentioned
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for bearing with me here. Attached per Oscar instructions.

Post Reply Post Reply
Almost. Just replace mask pressure with pressure
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Hah. 10th time's a charm

Post Reply Post Reply
You can't do better with respect ti AHI. If you feel your sleep is disturbed it may be due to being starved for air at the low pressure and/or the sudden pressure increases. As I guessed they are being caused by spikes in flow limitations. increasing minimum pressure to 7 and keeping EPR at 3 should prevent the flow limitation spikes and sudden pressure increases. A min pressure of 7. Will also supply sufficient air for comfort and allow full benefit from EPR. I would like to see data for more nights.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 972 4 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 9 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.