Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hinges where the filter door attaches keep breaking
Hinges where the filter door attaches keep breaking
Hello,

I have an Resmed Airsense 10 for Her and the hinges have broken where the filter door attaches twice now. The first time they replaced the machine under warranty. To avoid it happening again I was very very careful every time I opened the door. Now it has broken a second time and the lady at Procair insists it is me. Has anyone else had this problem. I have only traveled with the new machine once otherwise it sits on my nightstand. I know I can just tape it there but the fact that the first machine was less than a year old and now the second is only a few months I feel like it should be lasting a lot longer than that.

-J
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hinges where the filter door attaches keep breaking
first I've heard of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I tried doing a little quick research and couldn't find anything so I just thought I would ask. I was kind of annoyed the way the lady at Procair acted towards me about it. I take really good care of all my stuff. I am actually pretty OCD about it. Hopefully I can get it taken care of or maybe switch machines or something.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you really need the door? i.e. -- It does work without it?
The S9's just have a slot in the back, no door. I cannot conceive of the door having any effect other that aesthetics.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The filter door holds the filter but I guess I could just tape it in place since the door itself isn't broken. Either way the machine is basically brand new. I have only had it a few months. The first one was under a year old and was brand new when I got it as well. I feel like it shouldn't be breaking to begin with. But you are correct, it is more aesthetics.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2016, 10:48 AM)leopardlovely Wrote: Yeah I tried doing a little quick research and couldn't find anything so I just thought I would ask. I was kind of annoyed the way the lady at Procair acted towards me about it. I take really good care of all my stuff. I am actually pretty OCD about it. Hopefully I can get it taken care of or maybe switch machines or something.

stop saying "HULK SMASH!" whenever you open the door.

how often are you fiddling with it, anyway? unless you're in a dusty environment, those filters only need to be changed every six months.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry, I thought it was the door for the SD card.
Yes, you need that door to hold the filter in place.
I'm not sure why it is breaking. When placing a new filter in it, be sure not to press down on the door.
The cover is available from Supplier #26 for $10.95
Supplier list: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL...if I was doing that I would totally take ownership but the thing is I'm not. You should see me opening it. I look ridiculous. I open it very very slowly then I close it just as slow.

I change the filters like every few weeks maybe a little sooner and I occasionally open the door to put essential oils on the filter when I am sick. They give me plenty of filters and my house gets pretty dusty quickly plus my dog sheds like crazy so I feel better changing it more often.

It would be nice to just have the slot instead. If they do fix/replace it I am not going to want to change the filter at all in fear of it breaking again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Np justMongo...it's not the cover itself though. It's the places that the cover goes into. They are more like little holes/slits than a hinge a guess. Thanks though Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
So, it's the slots where these pins go into:
[Image: resmed-airsense-10-cpap-filter-cover.jpg]

It would seem like the pins would break first.

May I suggest that the filter must be within the rectangle when the door is closed. If it slips, then extra force would be required to close the door. I think I would remove the water tank; and tilt the machine up about 45 degrees to help keep the filter from falling out of the rectangle when closing the door.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,876 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Angry [CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem? Snacko 5 1,721 10-20-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,182 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 910 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,805 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.