Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hipopneas?
Hipopneas?
I am slowly gathering more info from the sleep center and am finally going to be getting my s9 adapt real soon now. So, I gather the goal is to get a low as you can AHI. The center did mention that I have a very high count as the referred to it as hipopneas, not sure if I am spelling it right but they stated I had like 280 of these events during a 8 hour test. Is this a severely high number? I guess the goal with all this is the lower the number the better.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hipopneas?????
It's spelled "hypopnea". 280 hypopneas during an 8 hour period make for an AHI (apnea-hypopnea index) of at least 35, which is considered severe. AHI is the sum of the number of apneas and the number of hypopneas divided by the total sleep time in hours. AHI values are typically categorized as 5–15/hr = mild; 15–30/hr = moderate; and > 30/h = severe. You should aim for <5 during your treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hipopneas?
That number, like Doom said, was figured into the AHI.

Hypopneas are when the airway is restricted and you aren't able to take a full breath so you are shallow breathing.

The CPAP will take care of most of those as well.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome, tecwerks. You are doing all the right stuff!

Stay vigilent!

Sleep-well
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2013, 03:27 PM)tecwerks Wrote: I am slowly gathering more info from the sleep center and am finally going to be getting my s9 adapt real soon now.
The VPAP™ Adapt is an adaptive servo-ventilator with a backup rate specifically designed to treat central sleep apnea (CSA) in all its forms, including mixed sleep apnea, complex sleep apnea (CompSA) and periodic breathing such as Cheyne–Stokes respiration (CSR).
Read more http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_vpa...c=patients

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.