Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking at Your Data - Which App & How Often?
Looking at Your Data - Which App & How Often?
I use a Dream Station 2 and every morning while having coffee and going through email, forums, and a few other things I give a quick check to Dream Mapper to see how the previous night went. Typically the numbers  I see are good so I haven't felt the need to dig further with an Alpha version of OSCAR (yet). I did the same with my Dream Station 1, although I looked at OSCAR a couple times more as a curiosity to see what was in there along with my O2Ring data imported.

Many here use OSCAR and probably a good few use Dream Mapper (Resperonics) or MyAir (Resmed).
- Wondering if you use the respective app plus OSCAR or do you just use one or the other.
- How often do you check your data? Daily, weekly, or just if you didn't seem to sleep well?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking at Your Data - Which App & How Often?
OSCAR; I only check if I don't sleep well or if I have a few consecutive nights with high AHI (>3)
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had my machine for seven plus years. My machine stopped reporting to MyAir some time ago, and I haven't looked at MyAir in years. Of late I upload to OSCAR every couple of months, but I look at the machine's screen (Essentials Plus) every morning.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Essentials plus on the machines screen nearly every day, OSCAR if I need to know more.

That said, it was OSCAR daily until I was dialed in, MyAir never had enough data to figure out what was going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir I tinkered with in the very beginning (2.5 years ago) but I have since kept my machine in airplane mode.
ResScan just to see what it was about and to sometimes help other users.

OSCAR all the way for me.  Usually peek at the data 3 or 4 times a week just to keep on top of things
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I glance at the report on machine daily, and download OCSAR data to my computer weekly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,283 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,073 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,059 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.