Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hissing Problem with Eson mask/tube connector
RE: Hissing Problem with Eson mask/tube connector
Eson is what I use and my wife.
I've had several scheduled replacements.
The Eason is as quiet as the grave.

If you mean it's hissing at the ball joint that lets the connection swivel it shouldn't make a sound.

Just make sure the little grey insert that goes into your hose end has the flared end toward the mask connector.

If it is and hissing its a bad mask frame. Make em replace it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2016, 06:20 PM)Southerngent1 Wrote: Ockrocket,

You are correct that I have the same problem with leakage on one side of my mask or through the front filter when exhaling strongly. However at the connection point of the tube at the tube filter to my mask I am able to turn my mask assembly 360 degrees with ease. This is where I hear the hissing/air flow.

I am also trying to learn to keep my mask down further on my face which seems to help. However, the extra sound is aggravating as it happens almost every time I turn over and my tube slides out of a perfect perpendicular position.

The elbow connection is supposed to rotate through 360 deg., but it shouldn't leak air to any real extent.

(12-31-2016, 07:53 PM)Beej Wrote: I believe those may be mask vents so you don't suffocate if the machine turns off (power outage, machine failure).

An option which might help is a white nose generator. This is a constant sound just loud enough to mask intermittent sound, and thus lets you ignore what is happening. I picked up an inexpensive one at Amazon.

The Eson mask has a good sized vent with a filter on the elbow connector, you can breathe with relative ease when the machine is off (every night I put my mask on, with the hose connected, before turning my Dreamstation CPAP machine on)
Post Reply Post Reply
Is a bad mask frame common? And yes, the flared end is at my mask, the non-flared going into my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Southergent1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck figuring out your mask problem and also with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 180 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,255 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,387 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 429 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 304 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 933 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 536 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.