Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hiya! Cricket, here!
RE: Hiya! Cricket, here!
I think that cleaning your face just before bed is dependent on how oily your skin is. My skin is apparently pretty dry so I no longer clean my face just prior to going to bed. I also do not wash my mask cushions with soap. I clean them with Pampers baby wipes. Seems to keep the cushions in good shape longer. Like I said my facial skin seems to be quite non-oily. We have at least one person on the board whose skin is so oily that he has to get up in the middle of the night and rewash his face and cushions or he gets much worse leaks for the second half of the night. As you can see there is a wide range of cleaning requirement. The best thing to do initially is to start out on the side of caution and wash face and cushions daily. Then after a while you can experiment with backing off.

I got away from washing my mask daily very quickly mostly because my Mirage Quattro mask has about a zillion pieces so the disassembly and assembly takes a while. Keeping track of the small pieces is a pain.

Anyway that is my take on it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hiya! Cricket, here!
(03-10-2017, 08:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think your husband will even let you go so far as to buy a Snugglehose hose cover (Supplier #1). 
Laugh-a-lot
[Image: women1.jpg]

I had a really good night, last night.  I changed my range to 5-13 and it actually did hit 12.2 so thanks all who suggested increasing my max.  I raised it to 15, this morning, just in case.  I figure out my "seal" problem.  My mask was too high on my nose.  Everything stayed in place last night and I had a good sleep.  Feeling great today!

I don't have oily skin either but I am washing off my makeup as that can be just as slippery.  Washing everything in the morning.  I'm trying to be good.  Still have sh**ty bars on my device.  Got a 95 on MyAir, though.  Good times.  Thanks, all!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hiya! Stroppy 20 6,721 07-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Doc J

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.