Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hmmmm....what next?
Question 
Hmmmm....what next?
So for the last ten days I have been not waking up refreshed and feeling really tired and extra sleepy through out the day. It's got to the point that I am taking Metro to and from work 'cause I started to find myself wanting to fall asleep while driving!!!!I have been using my CPAP every night during this time. I'm wondering whether I should

a) Make an appointment with my Sleep Doctor

b) Let it go another week or so and see what happens

c) Grin and bear it...rather grumpily

I thought I would seek advice with the amazing people of the Apnea Board first.
Thanks Guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hmmmm....what next?
How much sleep are you actually getting? What does ResScan show?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting an average of 6.5 hours a night.
Post Reply Post Reply
And the answer to my 2nd question would be - what?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your AHI running now? What was your AHI running before you started having daytime sleepiness again? What is the make up of AHI (i.e. how many CAs, OAs and Hs) now as compared to before. Is there in increase in the duration of CA, OA or H events?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2013, 03:32 PM)USKiwi Wrote: a) Make an appointment with my Sleep Doctor
I would do that first thing. sleeping 6.5 hours and feeling sleepy during the day is not right
not much info to make an educated guess

Post Reply Post Reply
hmm.
#1. If you can swing it. Go back to the sleep doc. You might need to be re-checked.

Zeo would help, since it monitors brainwaves it will show actually how much sleep you're getting.
You may find you are getting a lot less sleep than your time spent horizontal!
(like me!)

While you work with the sleep doc, push for an Autoset model. It costs $50 more and worth every penny.
If they get all squicked over that then offer to pay the difference.
The S9 Autoset collects a lot more data each night and you can upload it into ResScan or SleepyHead and
get a better picture of whats going on.

One thing I have noticed is that my quality varies a good bit each night, anywhere from AHI of 1.02 to 4.9

If my doc tries to brush me off, I can hand her/him this big bunch of printouts and say, "Oh YAH? How come this is happening!!??"

That usually starts things going in the problem solving Dept.

Good Luck!

Smile

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I also think it's time to see the doc. In the meantime you can review the ever important and simple to say
but not to do, sleep hygiene. You may need more than six and a half hours right now. If you're not getting deep sleep and REM sleep your body won't heal the damages from the day. Whatever you do, be kind to yourself right now. The fatigue you're going through right now is a stressor. Good for you for taking the Metro. Good luck and please keep posting and up to date with your progress, USKiwi.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2013, 03:32 PM)USKiwi Wrote: So for the last ten days I have been not waking up refreshed and feeling really tired and extra sleepy through out the day. It's got to the point that I am taking Metro to and from work 'cause I started to find myself wanting to fall asleep while driving!!!!I have been using my CPAP every night during this time. I'm wondering whether I should

a) Make an appointment with my Sleep Doctor

Make an appointment. Don't sleep in the subway, darling.
Especially Miami. I heard it's not the safest place to be.
Even Toronto that pretends to have one of the safest transit systems on the planet, there was a stabbing incident the other day.
Post Reply Post Reply
USKIwi, I know it hasn't been long since you posted, but how are you feeling?
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.