Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HockeyGoon - Therapy Thread
HockeyGoon - Therapy Thread
Just starting my 5th week of treatment.  Never received my sleep study results, but was told by the tech, my AHI was 19.

Was prescribed a BiPap.  Comfortable with my mask and machine.  Seems to be going well.  My first treatment AHI were around 10-11.  My AHI last night was a 0.2.  But has be trending below 2 for the week.

I have had zero interaction with a doctor, other than medical bills.  Purchased my own machine, so I have full access to the settings.

My question:  Is there any reason to back off on the pressures, etc. as I approach and AHI below 1?  Is there any reason to further adjust things, or just leave it where it is an be happy that it worked for me?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5th week of treatment, what next
Your numeric results have improved, and are at a level that reflects good therapy. Unless there are comfort issues, I don't know of any reasons to make setting changes. Don't mess with success!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why not post OSCAR and let us see your therapy results. Although your AHI is low there may be adjustments that may help.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Assume you know Phillips is on recall?  

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid395733

Download OSCAR and post data.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, unfortunately.  I found out shortly after I started my BiPap.  Decided to keep using the machine with an added hose filter and rinse every 2-3 days.  The whole process of getting an appointment, home study, titration, and Rx has be a long time coming.  I will take the chance with a filter for now.  Will never use ozone cleaners or try to open up the machine.  Thank you for the heads up, though.

I've been having issues getting images posted.  Working on it now...  Are their problems posting PNG images?  Should I covert to a JPG?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are a few recent Oscar captures.  Any recommendations?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2021, 08:22 PM)HockeyGoon Wrote:
I've been having issues getting images posted.  Working on it now...  Are their problems posting PNG images?  Should I covert to a JPG?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-HOW-DO-I

First in list..
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Your settings need to incorporate higher minimum PS and lower maximum PS. Try PS min 3.0, PS max 4.0. I think we see clustering of the snores, flow limits and RERA which may be positional. AHI is excellent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2021, 08:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your settings need to incorporate higher minimum PS and lower maximum PS.  Try PS min 3.0, PS max 4.0. I think we see clustering of the snores, flow limits and RERA which may be positional. AHI is excellent.

Right on.  Thank you for the input!  I tend to toss and turn a bit.  A pillow between the knees seems to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2021, 08:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Try PS min 3.0, PS max 4.0. 

I made the attached chart, because I'm a dork.  Looks like things really started to improve when I upped the EPAP min and lowered the PS max.  Had a spike in AHI two nights ago. Adjusted the PS and looks like it is heading back in the right direction.

Attached Files
.pdf   AHI Log.pdf (Size: 52.89 KB / Downloads: 7)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 836 1 hour ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,082 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,363 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.