Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Holiday recording
Holiday recording
I'm new to CPAP and recording and just have a question about no downloading of data when on holidays. Rather than the compliance figures being thrown out by the fact there is no data while away, can you set a period on the software where the stats don't count.

I will be taking a small CPAP machine when I'm away that does not record any data.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Holiday recording
G'day Snoozi, welcome to Apnea Board.

We really can't answer your question given that you have a totally blank profile! Please at least let us know what machine you're talking about and which software you're using.

Also, as you are in Oz, do you have any specific need for compliance data (eg for a drivers license)? AFAIK none of the Australian health funds require compliance data for CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Currently renting Dreamstation CPAP Pro and will purchase this week. Trialling both sleepyhead and encore just to get an idea of what they show.
In terms of compliance figures would just like to keep them relatively accurate for my own interest.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the compliance data is going to keep insurance paying for your CPAP, or keeping your license for something, find a way to pack the regular CPAP.
It is medical equipment and should be allowed on a plane.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you but the problem is that my regular CPAP machine will not be covered by travel insurance so I don't really want to take it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't help with Encore, but I'm pretty sure SleepyHead records averages for the nights you actually used the machine. So if there were some nights missed, these are just ignored when calculating the average (and hence the compliance). Perhaps one of the SleepyHead experts can confirm that. If you're just recording compliance for your own interest you might just need to make a mental adjustment for the nights which aren't recorded.

I was interested you said your machine's not covered by travel insurance. Which company is this with (so I can avoid them in future)? I've taken mine all over the place, but the question of insurance has never come up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Under File->Preferences->Appearance->Other Visual Settings is an option, Skip Empty Days. You might try this option and see what happens. . . I have not used it so I don't know.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see travel insurance being an issue. Take the CPAP, and keep it with you as carry-on. There is not much risk of it being lost or stolen, as long as you have it with you and take reasonable care. Most of us travel with the machines, and it is rare to have a problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What about a specific policy for it for travel?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My travel insurance is with Travel Insurance Direct (Australia) and they generally cover goods up to $700 unless you take out extra insurance when you buy the insurance. In my case I bought the policy before I started using a CPAP machine and once purchased the policy cannot be changed.
CPAP machines inAustralia are costly compared to the US so I want to make sure it is fully covered. We are going to Fiji where you often can't lock rooms so I don't want to take a chance. Either way I've purchased a small APEX unit from the US to use when I travel.

Thank you for your advice re the software.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 596 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  MyAir Recording Mask Off Events a.paul 2 936 05-15-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: a.paul
  Recording of Lumis Pressure Settings StuartC 4 673 04-06-2022, 05:50 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  Airsense 11 data recording on sd card redstormsju 2 2,637 10-13-2021, 02:37 PM
Last Post: redstormsju
  Oscar 1.2.0 not recording data to SD card [Resolved, See Post 5] drrocky 4 1,084 02-03-2021, 11:27 AM
Last Post: drrocky
  New machine - data not recording on SD card lacro 7 2,411 02-01-2020, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR SW not recording nap today [solved, see post #2] Oldern 1 747 10-20-2019, 01:51 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.