Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Holy Air tried a ResMed N20 from a Airtouch P20 and was blown away literally
Holy Air tried a ResMed N20 from a Airtouch P20 and was blown away literally
Holy Air tried a ResMed N20 from a Airtouch P20 and was blown away literally. 

I did make the setting change from full mask to nasal pillow but I guess the air pressure needs to change to or should it be the same as my full size mask. I litterally couldn't handle it. 

I was given the N20 and wanted to try it instead of the fighter pilot mask but I was blown away. I only tried the mask fit. 

Here is my results from last night and Thank God they are so great compared to my sleep study so many I should say stick with what is working but I thought these N20 would be a nice try. Please let me know if it is the same settings or why it was so different.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Holy Air tried a ResMed N20 from a Airtouch P20 and was blown away literally
Hi rlmmg,
you need to change to nasal mask settings but I'm not sure where you go to change them.puncuation
Good luck with that, it is easy to change it, though.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Holy Air tried a ResMed N20 from a Airtouch P20 and was blown away literally
I would not adjust settings based on this mask change. If I've got it right, you tried your nasal pillow mask with the Mask Fit test. I'm thinking mask fit blows out air at your highest set pressure which for you is 20. That's not the same as what you get while sleeping as I see it in your chart. I read in your chart you got a bit over 16 in that session. You could try it without changes on a nights session and note your results.

Some say you may get to reduce pressure when switching to a nasal mask, but I'd prefer doing that after 2 things, seeing data first and your feedback. This is meaning use the new mask at your current settings. I did note you said you changed mask type setting, that's why I didn't mention it beforehand.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on what I'm seeing in your results, you could probably use a lower pressure range similar to mine, 9-18 PS 4. More importantly, if you were using mask fit, and had a large leak then the mask does not fit, or you lost the seal in your mouth and air came out. Mask pressure is just pressure, not flow. If you got flow then there was a problem.

Edit: I was surprised to read in Dave's post below the correct setting for the N20 is pillows.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would guess that it is only a matter of 'fit'.  How your headgear holds the N20 against your nose and upper lip will determine how well it works for you, how much it leaks, and how much pressure it can stand inside the mask before it begins to leak.  You'll have to fiddle with the four straps until you get no blow-by into your eyes, or around the rest of the rim of the cushion.

I wear the same thing, so I know that it takes some doing, that it CAN be done, and that it isn't permanent; you'll have to change the fit as time goes on and as the materials age, or as something about you changes, even, say, during a cold or whatever.  Your pressure is quite a bit higher than mine (I'm between 5.6 and 8.0), so with your higher pressures, the way you hold the mask against your face is that much more critical.

Those AHI numbers are pretty darned solid, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Sleeprider has suggested, pressure edits may help. For the mask, I have it you're changing to an N20. According to that mask's PDF instructions in the technical area it says if you're on an AirSense, AirCurve or S9, choose Pillows. There may be a reason I'm not aware of to set the mask type otherwise, and if there is, please disregard what I've said.

[attachment=19118]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for your input. 

I thought I figured out what I was doing wrong but it didn't seem to matter. When using the full size mask I use a non heated tube standard tube with this N20 it uses the small tube which I inserted into the standard tube so it filled up with so much air. it feels like 3 times the pressure yet when I use the full size mask its fine. So should I change the tube setting to something else. I really like to get this to work but I litterally threw up when I tried it and it gave me a very bad headache.

I might be crazy for trying another set up as I am very blessed and pleased with my numbers as they seem to be pretty good to me. I do feel better with it than not using a cpap.

Here is last night

Post Reply Post Reply
If your long tube is still the standard size, "standard" should be the right setting for your hose.

Per Dave's post, you need to have your machine set to "pillows." Could you check to make sure that is your current setting?

And Sleeprider has explained that you might be more comfortable with a different pressure range. Have you ever done that? If not, here is the basic information (pasted from "CPAP Setup Manuals" at the top of this page:

"To access the clinician menu, press the dial and the home buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. The clinician menu will appear. Select parameter(s) you wish to modify with the dial (push down to select, turn to modify). When done, press the dial and home buttons for 3 seconds again, or find the "exit clinical menu" option in the menus."
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2020, 07:47 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Based on what I'm seeing in your results, you could probably use a lower pressure range similar to mine, 9-18 PS 4.  More importantly, if you were using mask fit, and had a large leak then the mask does not fit, or you lost the seal in your mouth and air came out. Mask pressure is just pressure, not flow.  If you got flow then there was a problem.

Edit: I was surprised to read in Dave's post below the correct setting for the N20 is pillows.

First sleeprider I so appreciate your help to me and to so many others. It seems so many doctors just dont care or take the time to help. I have received more help from you than any doctor or their nurse practitioner that I have seen. Also I am so thankful to everyone that gives of their time to help others but just wanted to give you a special Thank You

With the changes that you I used them last night I am still using the F20 full mask as it I feel overwhelmed with the N30 and its ashame as I was given 5 N30 masks and headgear and I dont have good insurance and would rather use them if possible but only if I am doing as good with them as the full size mask

Here is from last night

Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind that with either a nasal or pillows mask, the air is directed at only your nose. This may feel like higher pressure than if it was directed to your general facial area like a full face does. And for me, when switching between mask types, I only switched mask setting on my ASV.

PS since your pressure setting is 9-18, it's probably a good idea to edit your left panel AB info to indicate that instead of auto. Having accurate and up to date info helps us help you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 667 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 227 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 465 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 403 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 505 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Beard with a full mask AirTouch F20 resmed Slopey 5 1,197 09-09-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: NorthCoastLocal
  Advice on how to clean F20 Airtouch? raptosnorus 4 748 06-30-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.