Home AND Lab Sleep Studies?
Shastzi Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: FitLife Total face mask
Humidifier: F&P HC150 with Hybernite heated hose.
CPAP Pressure: 15cm-20cm H2O (auto)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: CMS50-F wearable Oximeter; Software: SPO2 Assistant

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Home AND Lab Sleep Studies?
I suppose they wont pay for a funeral unless you can provide papers that PROVE you are dead.

Big Grin

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
04-09-2013 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Jcross2002 Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed escape auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed h5i
CPAP Pressure: 4-20
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
There is often confusion between the AHI and the RDI. Even many health professionals so realize the difference between these. AHI is the apnea/hypopnea index which is how often you are experiencing apneic or hypopneic events. However RDI is the measurement of how your body reacts to these events such as your heart speeding up or your lungs desaturating. This is a better measure of what your body is going through because even if it doesn't happen a lot, if it is severe it is a big deal. Medicare standards for which other insurances follow the guidance of states that either the AHI or the RDI must be >5. Therefore your RDI qualifies you for cpap. The Watermark Ares study is actually a very advanced HST (home sleep study) as most only measure AHI. Many sleep labs also only measure AHI and might miss your sleep apnea. That might be why they didn't do a titration study. Your doctor can order a home titration from your DME with an autopap and that will give you a lot more info about your requirements. Many cardiac physicians are not aware of the cardiac effects of OSA and will dismiss that as a cause. You do have mild OSA according to your RDI and your options are surgery, cpap or a mandibular advancement bite block. You are young and it is often progressive so the other options might not be enough eventually. Also insurance often requires a trial of cpap before paying for other options. So I recommend a cpap trial.
05-07-2013 08:53 PM
Tmarsh Offline

New Members

Machine: None
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: None
Humidifier: None
CPAP Pressure: None
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Most insurance companies are allowing home studies vs in lab study due to cost. We are even having the insurance company then request AutoPAP. This means the patient basically bypasses the lab for a proper titration study. Please go see your physician before you take another step and discuss your results and your options. Good luck!
09-11-2014 08:01 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

Sex: Male

I started with the in home study that measured OAs CA and o2 levels. They told me over the phone after reading the thing exactly what I had done over the night adding that O2 dropping to 60 percent for long periods of the night during apneas wasnt a good thing.

Next was the lab for the titration study to set the pressure max, doc prescribed an auto machine rest is history. insurance covered the standard 80 them 20 me split.

Wife is up to bat this month for her home study.
09-11-2014 09:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can home care provider make our machine unusable? LPN2012 10 307 Yesterday 05:22 AM
Last Post: LPN2012
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 14 704 10-18-2016 05:02 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  home sleep study problem garretdl 5 364 10-14-2016 02:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Sleep Study Mask vs. Home-use Mask thecpapguy! 1 280 09-19-2016 06:42 PM
Last Post: allenh
  Home test and more GotIt 10 520 09-16-2016 10:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep Center versus At Home Stats richb 13 652 08-09-2016 01:03 AM
Last Post: chill
  Left My Water Chamber At Home BDay33 8 721 08-08-2016 06:41 PM