Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with the Wisp
First night with the Wisp
I really liked the fit and feel of the mask but I felt like I had a hard time exhaling. It seemed that there was a lot more resistance on the wisp vs the nasal pillows. I changed my S9 mask setting from pillows to Nasal as suggested by other posts on the boars. There is also an Ultra setting - anyone know what that is? Also when I took the mask off, the auto off didn't work so I had to manually turn it off -0 I'm guessing that also has to do with the mask setting. Feeling pretty tired today. I was hoping that the new mask would be magic but not yet. I'll bump up my EPR to 3 and see if that helps any with the exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night with the Wisp
From the s9 clinical manual:

If your patient is using a full face mask ensure that the “Full Face” setting is selected. If your patient is using a nasal pillows mask ensure that the “Pillows” setting is selected. If your patient is using a nasal mask ensure that the “Nasal” setting is selected with the exception of the Ultra Mirage mask which should use the “Nasal Ultra” setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use the Wisp and also encountered a little bit of difficulty on exhalation. I just exhale/inhale a few times through my mouth. I fall asleep quickly so it doesn't bother me after that. The Wisp was magic for me. My numbers didn't change except for no more leaks, it's such a comfortable mask. The EPR setting at three may help. You list your pressure at nine, but are on a AUTO machine- do you have a range of pressures? With EPR at three your inhale pressure would be nine and your exhale pressure would go down to six. Maybe with the wisp the small footprint on the face and the small volume the mask holds makes the feeling of exhalation seem to be hard.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK first night with Wisp last night. LOVE this mask. It's like the Mirage FX but WAY better. AHI was 'up' to a 'big' 1.8 from 0.4 but so what. I am a side sleeper and after 1 night, this seems a little too good to be true. No leakage issues, no forehead junk to deal with. I have the fabric headgear but I don't clip it on and off. Slide it on at night and slide it off in the morning. We'll see how it holds up.....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,554 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  WISP Nasal Mask users Gus Wah 5 837 07-23-2022, 10:53 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
Gross Switched from wisp to dreamwear. Also... jjohnson 2 679 07-05-2021, 10:26 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed N10 vs Respironics Wisp...? player 10 3,093 12-07-2020, 02:27 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.