Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Home Sleep Study Analysis Please
Home Sleep Study Analysis Please
Hello everyone,

I recently had a home sleep study done and I was hoping that you guys could help me to understand the results from one night. I know this doesn't replace medical advice, but I am curious what people think as I await the official results. Thank you very much.

EDIT: I guess being new here I can't post links. How can I make the files available?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Home Sleep Study Analysis Please
Try making another post or two. Then you should see an Attachment section below where you can choose a file from your computer like a PDF, upload it and then add the attachment. 

The one critical number on the study will be your overall AHI number which is the number of events per hour recorded. It determines the severity of your apnea. Next most important is the breakdown of that number into categories of central apnea events, obstructive apnea events, and hypopnea events. That will give some indication of how easy or difficult it may be to treat the apnea with a CPAP. In general CPAP machines treat obstructive apnea and hypopnea well, but central apnea not so well. 

Perhaps post those numbers to get your post count up so you can add an attachment...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 101 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 237 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,419 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.