Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Home Sleep Study Interpretation
RE: Home Sleep Study Interpretation
You have moved into the regular member group and links will no longer be a problem. On you next chart, it may be useful to include the SpO2 and pulse graphs instead of tidal volume and snore. Your flow limit graph looks very good, so the pressure support seems to be helping here. Tidal volume is excellent (very high) and you appear to have very good respiratory function. It surprises me that desaturations would ever be an issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the OP is going to try out the VAuto, possibly soon enough changing Trigger to high or very high may be helpful for the Centrals. Yippie another member in my CA club. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi - I was going to skip posting the screenshot today due to only having 4 hours to show. This is my second night with the machine and for some reason I woke up in the middle of the night, took off the mask as if I was done and went back to sleep. No idea why.
The only change I made for this night was to limit the max pressure to 10.
[Image: screenshot-20210709-150747.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess on mask removal, your EPAP of 4 is too low, you're air starved and it needs to be bumped up. I'd consider going to 6.

The SpO2 minimum is troubling as it was down to 85%. Does it tell you how long it was at this?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave - I could try changing it to 6. As for 02, it looks like it was only below 90 a couple of very short times before the end. The last several minutes is when it was really dropping, but it looks like that was after I already took the mask off and maybe the finger sensor was already partially/fully off at that point.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK copy on the O2. If the bump to 6 is not comfortable, 5 is better than 4 and ResMed has fractional steps between these whole numbers, .2 steps to be specific.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All -
I was having some issues that I wanted to try to work out myself, so I stayed away for awhile.
- I hit a point where I felt like I couldn't get enough air when trying to fall asleep. I disabled the ramp time and that seemed to work better for me.
- I started taking it off again in the middle of the night. It seemed to be one of my nostrils becoming congested during the night. I tried a full face mask and I was surprised that I constantly stopped breathing with that, and switched back to nasal mask after just 15 minutes.
- For the last 2 nights, I started using saline nasal spray before bed and I changed the max ipap to 12. I slept through both nights without issue.
He's last nights screenshot. How does this look? I'll continue as-is for now unless another issue arises or something looks wrong to you all.
Thanks for looking!

[Image: screenshot-20210722-101810.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 164 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 86 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,368 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 109 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR data interpretation Johand77 8 189 04-10-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Johand77
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 210 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.