Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacement SD card for Resmed Airsense 10
Replacement SD card for Resmed Airsense 10
Hello, I have misplaced my blue coloured SD card that sits in the Resmed Airsense 10 device.
Can I  just replace it with a 32GB SD card? Any special speed or formatting requirements?
I  have a spare camera 32GB  Sandisk SD card 'Extreme' 60MB/s, would this be suitable?
kind regards to all,
Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replacement SD card for Resmed Airsense 10
The 32GB card ill work. Resmed just buys their SD cards from a manufacturer and puts their label on them. I would format your existing SD card, using a FAT32 format, prior to use. This will remove all current data that is on it. All new SD cards come pre-formatted and don't need any preparation prior to use. The CPAP will write the file structure to the card immediately on its insertion.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, a regular old SD card should work just fine.  However, if you can find one, a Wi-Fi-equipped SD card allows you to just leave the card in the machine at all times, and just connect to it over your network to copy the data to your PC and analyze.  Works spectacularly well.  I use a Toshiba Flash Air but they may not be available any more.  I suspect there are others though.

Whatever you use, I'd give it a new MS_DOS format first to be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks kindly for these replies, very much appreciated.
I  thought PizzaFoundry was pulling my leg about a Wifi enabled SD card. Never heard of them before. Glad to hear that one of them works.
Post Reply Post Reply
what is the best way to backup  the SD card. Just copy the file contents to my Win 10 PC?  If so, will it copy back to a new SD card OK?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it's just a collection of folders, so you can copy them off to wherever you like and then copy them back if you want.
No leg pulling!  I thought there were a couple manufacturers of the wifi cards but I haven't seen them lately, but it sure does
make things easy when you don't have to shag the card back and forth every day...

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Wifi cards:

https://nerdtechy.com/best-wifi-sd-card
Post Reply Post Reply
That article is fine if you are transferring photos, but not CPAP data.  You basically have 3 choices.
  • Use a Toshiba FlashAir card, if you can find one.
  • Use the EZ-Share WiFi card with the bash script.
  • Try using the Fysetc WiFi Pro card. Note: Do not use the Fysetc WiFi card. - It requires more power than the CPAP can provide, It has to be the Pro version.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 134 20,447 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: PHXSleeper
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 182 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 97 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,593 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 176 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,235 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 259 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.