Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Home sleep study and wife
RE: Home sleep study and wife
(10-02-2014, 07:14 PM)Galactus Wrote: Oh man, I am so very very very happy to hear that she is getting a machine of her own, man I wish you all the best. Feel like your my neighbor. So very happy! All the best.

Thanks Galactus. It was quite the surprise to get the call this evening. She went thru the exact same steps I did with the exact same sleep office in the same hospital. Home test, take it in, tech read it, called and said the Doc there probably wouldnt prescribe based on the test though she wasnt completely sure he wouldnt. Then her GP she sees for everything else and the one that ordered the test writes the script. Huh

I figured it was over and done weeks ago. With mine the Doc at the sleep lab wrote the script in two days though the same GP she uses is mine as well and was the same one that first ordered the test.

Actually shes probably better off. She does her 30 60 90 compliance etc with the GP 10 miles from here while Im stuck dealing with a pulmonologist 40 miles away. Oh-jeez

Anyway all is good now on that front. Thanks much for everything.Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Ghost1958,

So, SO glad she is getting one for her! Terrific news! And, another family of "apneacs" - my hubby and I are also fellow "apneacs"!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2014, 10:58 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: Ghost1958,

So, SO glad she is getting one for her! Terrific news! And, another family of "apneacs" - my hubby and I are also fellow "apneacs"!

Yes mam. It worked out much better than we thought it was going too.

Doing everything out of pocket for hers was going to be tough but now we dont have too.

Funny thing is one of her pet words since I met her for someone she didnt like or thought was wierd was "hoser". After 25 yrs I still dont know what that was supposed mean. Just that it wasnt good LOL.

Other night I told her " Ya know, now your a hoser too" just to see what she would say. She just sort of looked a bit shocked then grinned sheepishly and said " Yeah I guess I am aint I".

Still never told me what she actually meant all those years by hoser though. I know it had nothing to do with a cpap machine though LOL.

Post Reply Post Reply
If I were you I'd take it as a compliment, and refer to "hoser" all the time, and just how long and curvy it can be Dielaughing
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2014, 11:18 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Funny thing is one of her pet words since I met her for someone she didnt like or thought was wierd was "hoser". After 25 yrs I still dont know what that was supposed mean. Just that it wasnt good LOL.

Is she Canadian? We had a comedy team called "Bob and Doug MacKenzie" who were an over the top parody of Canadian stereotypes.

They used "take off, eh" as a response to digs from the other and would call each other or anyone else a "hoser" if they said or did something dumb.
Post Reply Post Reply
A hoser is someone who is completely hosed.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL no shes not Canadian. Shes originally from Texas.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2014, 04:05 PM)PaytonA Wrote: A hoser is someone who is completely hosed.

And a poser is someone that is completely posed.

Does this help clarify?

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, add a few letters and "hoser" becomes "Hoosier" as in someone from Indiana and my mom and sister are from Indiana. they DO sound similar! LOL!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2014, 10:40 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: Well, add a few letters and "hoser" becomes "Hoosier" as in someone from Indiana and my mom and sister are from Indiana. they DO sound similar! LOL!

Well if we can just add letters than hoser can become whosoever and that leads to; Whosoever calls you a hoser is a poser!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 92 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.