Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Home sleep study and wife
RE: Home sleep study and wife
(10-03-2014, 09:44 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 04:05 PM)PaytonA Wrote: A hoser is someone who is completely hosed.

And a poser is someone that is completely posed.

Does this help clarify?

I thought that you understood at least a little English from the beat generation. Ohwell Something or someone that is hosed is completely messed up.

Does this help clarify?? Hammer

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Stop hitting me with that hammer, I got it, I got it!!! Big Grin
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well bless your heart! Oops Apology-2

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it was good while it lasted. GP wrote the script but Medicare wont cover the wifes machine or supplies. Her AHI on the home test she could not sleep with except for catnaps was 4.9. Regardless of other things like irregular heart rate, supravtach, an 02 drop during the test, daytime sleepiness, memory loss etc because she did not hit ahi of 5 its a no go.

Her GP is furious, Im furious and the DME is furious but it is what it is. So the GP is writing a lifetime script for cpap for her. So reckon we do this ourselves. Have her on a older M Series auto that I have for backup but will be working to get her a better machine. At least we can order her masks online etc with her prescription.

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh what a let down!

In this instance I would try to get her the same machine as yours so you could share supplies, if any, paid for by Medicare. Would be scamming the system I guess but what are patients like her left to do? Out right cost would be prohibitive for many with fixed incomes that are retired.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2014, 05:15 PM)Whitewabit Wrote: Oh what a let down!

In this instance I would try to get her the same machine as yours so you could share supplies, if any, paid for by Medicare. Would be scamming the system I guess but what are patients like her left to do? Out right cost would be prohibitive for many with fixed incomes that are retired.

Its pretty prohibitive for us yeah, both being disabled and on fixed income, but wouldnt be right to scam the system though I think there should be some better way of testing.

This is the second test in several years one a sleep lab where she didnt sleep at all, and a home test where she barely slept and still came up just one point short.
If she could sleep she would come in severe instead of mild. Im moderate to severe and I never bolted upright in bed time after time a night gasping for air.

Mine is covered as I could sleep thru the test with no issues. So that helps.

But at least we do have a script for a machine supplies masks etc. So we can get them online as we are able to keep her going on treatment.

Another six months she can retest again and maybe they will give her something to MAKE her sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2014, 07:43 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote:

Its pretty prohibitive for us yeah, both being disabled and on fixed income, but wouldnt be right to scam the system though I think there should be some better way of testing.

This is the second test in several years one a sleep lab where she didnt sleep at all, and a home test where she barely slept and still came up just one point short.
If she could sleep she would come in severe instead of mild. Im moderate to severe and I never bolted upright in bed time after time a night gasping for air.

But at least we do have a script for a machine supplies masks etc. So we can get them online as we are able to keep her going on treatment.

Another six months she can retest again and maybe they will give her something to MAKE her sleep.
Hi Ghost1958,
I'm sure sorry you're wife couldn't get a machine, what a bummer.!
Supplier #2, on the suppliers list here on the board, at the top of each page has some good deals on either gently-used or open-box machines; maybe you could check them out. It's good that she at least has a prescription for a machine and supplies, hopefully, she can get her machine at some point.
Good luck to you both.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2014, 09:47 PM)trish6hundred Wrote:
(10-07-2014, 07:43 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote:

Hi Ghost1958,
I'm sure sorry you're wife couldn't get a machine, what a bummer.!
Supplier #2, on the suppliers list here on the board, at the top of each page has some good deals on either gently-used or open-box machines; maybe you could check them out. It's good that she at least has a prescription for a machine and supplies, hopefully, she can get her machine at some point.
Good luck to you both.

Thanks. I have an old M series auto we were gifted by a woman that was diagnosed years ago got the machine slept once with it and tossed it in the closet that I took as a backup to my machine if it broke.

Luckily shes using that for now with the mask that was in the bag with it.
So she is getting treated. But the M is old though not many hours on it. So not sure how long it will hold up as it was intended only as a stop gap if my machine broke and was being repaired or replaced.

Anyway at least she has the prescription so we can buy her masks and hopefully soon a new machine. Itll work out. Things always do. :grin:

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings Ghotst1958,

I know that Craig's List can sometimes have a bad reputation but I use it a lot to both sell and buy; I am just extremely careful on HOW I do that. I have been checking our local listings for CPAP and amazed at the CPAPs listed. It might be a way to get her a newer machine without paying too much - but then, there would be NO warranty - so it is a mixed bag.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 101 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 146 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.