Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Home sleep study
Home sleep study
I'm having a sleep study done had one 4yrs ago.
The problem is I really couldn't sleep so I'm thinking I'll do a home study.
How reliable are they.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Home sleep study
Home studies are very reliable, the equipment supplied is simple to set up/use and delivers fast accurate results. If there were ever a question about the results they would simply re-run the test.
The issue with lab based tests is that most people simply don't sleep "normally" so it's difficult to interpret the results. Home study every time!
Post Reply Post Reply
My night in the sleep lab resulted in one hour sleep - which they could confirm I had apnea. Another night to test the pressure - two hours sleep. So could get results but I reckon that a sleep study at home would give better results. (And cheaper!)
Post Reply Post Reply
My 1st and only sleep study was a home test. I would say that it was accurate enough to diagnose me with sleep apnea. You are still hooked up with wires and devices but you are at home and in your own bed. It cannot do any titration, that is the negative to it.

Hope that helps, Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not think the home tests aregreat at showing central sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information
Post Reply Post Reply
Shortyd, you are using CPAP, so it looks like your first study Dx was for sleep apnea. Is a new study being requested for new equipment? Usually as long as you meet with your doctor and he verifies the medical necessity, a new sleep study is not required. I can't imagine sleeping a night without PAP just to prove I can't.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 129 Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 537 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.