Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hoodlums
Hoodlums
The DME that provided my APAP machine has called me twice in the last month even though they have been fully paid for my equipment at three times the price I can buy it for the online. When I have already told them I am no longer interested in doing business with them. Oh-jeez

My Doctor no longer forwards prescription to them because many of his other patients report the same frustrations with them. Yet they have the nerve to tell me that I need to make an appointment with them every 3 months to get replacement supplies and review my sleep reporting. Tongue

They claim they have to tell my Dr. when I need another sleep test and that self-management of OSA can result in Death. Huhsign

They also claim that under the Affordable Health Care Act. DME's have to report compliance data every month in order to get maintenance supplies. Hammer
Therefore, I called my insurance. They said they have all the compliance reporting they needed. That my prescription from the Doctor was good for 5 years. That I can order any supplies, replacement part, or addition items I need, from any supplier I choose with my HSA credit card. Thy did caution me to check the reimbursement amount on their website b4 I order because they reimburse that amount or the actual amount whichever is less. Tongue-out-2

2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hoodlums
Wow -- you got hooked up with a band of liars.

Do you have a call block feature on you phone -- if so, block them.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 02:14 PM)justMongo Wrote: Wow -- you got hooked up with a band of liars.

Do you have a call block feature on you phone -- if so, block them.

That's a good idea - I'll do that
2004-Bon Jovi

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just tell them to stop calling you the next time and remind them it is a federal offense to call someone once they have been told to stop and the penalty is $500 per call.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a bag full of tricks and things I say to the robodialing telemarketers.
One favorite is: "If you remain on the line, you consent to being recorded."
Another is (for early callers), "So, you decided to start your day by committing a Federal Felony."
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 02:44 PM)justMongo Wrote: I have a bag full of tricks and things I say to the robodialing telemarketers.
One favorite is: "If you remain on the line, you consent to being recorded."
Another is (for early callers), "So, you decided to start your day by committing a Federal Felony."

I used to mess with them. Now I just sit the phone down and walk away. I come back 5 min later and hang it up. This way I get to waste their time.

Post Reply Post Reply
My first thought was -that is mean and rude- But after noodling it a bit I said. like I like it. That's a great idea, It'll keep them from calling someone else Cleaver

I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: I used to mess with them. Now I just sit the phone down and walk away. I come back 5 min later and hang it up. This way I get to waste their time.

2004-Bon Jovi

Post Reply Post Reply
As for telemarketers: They have chosen a job that is despicable. I get about a dozen robo-dialed telemarketer calls per day. Some are scams: Like those who impersonate the IRS. It nearly makes my telephone useless. I'm paying for a service that permits these cretins to invade my home. So, I give it back to them at every opportunity.

The big telecom companies could stop this if they chose to. The Congress could do something (now that's a laugh!)

These operations spoof their caller ID. They have technology that can "spray out" the 1000 numbers in an area code/prefix in a matter of a moment.
The DNC (Do Not Call) list is a joke to them. The entire telemarketing industry is a criminal enterprise; and should be prosecuted under RICO.

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is how to handle a telemarketer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50

If youtube links are not okay, google Tom Mabe Telemarketer
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2016, 11:19 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: Here is how to handle a telemarketer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50

If youtube links are not okay, google Tom Mabe Telemarketer

Laugh-a-lot
Thank you for sharing. I also get a lot of telemarketing calls. This guy is clever.

Three times within the past year I've also received calls from the original DME where my CPAP machine came from and each time I've politely explained that I no longer wish to do business with them. But they persist in calling. Very annoying to say the least.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.