Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hoodlums
RE: Hoodlums
(04-25-2016, 12:06 AM)palerider Wrote:
(04-24-2016, 04:08 PM)pupcamper Wrote: It is my understanding that once you tell them to stop calling the prior business connection becomes invalid and they have to cease and desist or face the penalties stated in Franks post.
I do not believe that is correct, but I'd love to see some supporting evidence. Smile

I din't bother to dig up the actual law, but this is from the .gov site, this part doesn't refer to the recourse you have either:

"If I register my number, will ALL unwanted calls stop?
No, the Do Not Call Registry prohibits sales calls. You still may receive political calls, charitable calls, debt collection calls, informational calls, and telephone survey calls.

In addition, companies may still call if you’ve recently done business with the company, or if you’ve given the company written permission to call you. However, if you ask a company not to call you again, it must honor your request. Record the date of your request."

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/01...l-registry
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hoodlums
"Organizations with which you have an established business relationship can call you for up to 18 months after your last purchase, payment or delivery — even if your number is on the National Do Not Call Registry. And companies to which you’ve made an inquiry or submitted an application can call you for three months. Therefore, carefully read any questionnaires or surveys you submit; they may be an attempt to establish a business relationship. Also be careful to read anything you sign, such as sweepstakes forms or requests for “free” products; they may be attempts to get your written permission."

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/01...sales-rule
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.