Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hoodlums
RE: Hoodlums
(04-24-2016, 11:19 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: Here is how to handle a telemarketer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50

If youtube links are not okay, google Tom Mabe Telemarketer

I like it. But, I wish to warn others there may be some language that may be found offensive.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Luckily my VOIP service has a telemarketer database option that you can activate. This really eliminates the calls.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh Frank that made my day, if only I would spend the time to learn to do that.

Post Reply Post Reply
DielaughingRolling laugh

(04-24-2016, 12:25 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50

If youtube links are not okay, google Tom Mabe Telemarketer

Thank you for sharing. I also get a lot of telemarketing calls. This guy is clever.

Three times within the past year I've also received calls from the original DME where my CPAP machine came from and each time I've politely explained that I no longer wish to do business with them. But they persist in calling. Very annoying to say the least.

DielaughingLaugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 02:35 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: Just tell them to stop calling you the next time and remind them it is a federal offense to call someone once they have been told to stop and the penalty is $500 per call.

that's only for telemarketers with no prior business connection.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2016, 03:59 PM)palerider Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 02:35 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: Just tell them to stop calling you the next time and remind them it is a federal offense to call someone once they have been told to stop and the penalty is $500 per call.

that's only for telemarketers with no prior business connection.

It is my understanding that once you tell them to stop calling the prior business connection becomes invalid and they have to cease and desist or face the penalties stated in Franks post.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thing is these people on the phones generally are only doing it because nothing else is available to them. I don't know how they get paid but I doubt if it's much more than the minimum wage.

I don't try to hinder them or dupe them, I simply hang up without a word. That way I'm not wasting their time. Their job is bad enough without the likes of me giving them trouble and wasting their time.

If we had an economy that would actually employ people in useful jobs with a decent wage the telemarketing employers would at least have to hire them in a competitive market and they might get decent pay, but I suspect that if they could get better jobs they'd go for them.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I no longer have a landline phone, partially due to scam calls that waste my time. I have a simple rule: if they're not in my contacts list, I don't answer. If someone really wants or needs to talk with me, they can leave a message, and I'll promptly call them back.

The only scam call I get nowadays is the occasional one-ringer. Life is good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2016, 04:08 PM)pupcamper Wrote: It is my understanding that once you tell them to stop calling the prior business connection becomes invalid and they have to cease and desist or face the penalties stated in Franks post.
I do not believe that is correct, but I'd love to see some supporting evidence. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2016, 10:07 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: I no longer have a landline phone, partially due to scam calls that waste my time. I have a simple rule: if they're not in my contacts list, I don't answer. If someone really wants or needs to talk with me, they can leave a message, and I'll promptly call them back.

The only scam call I get nowadays is the occasional one-ringer. Life is good.

We have the same policy as you. it works very well.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.