Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hooking up O2 to Dreamstation with Heated
Hooking up O2 to Dreamstation with Heated
Need to find correct adaptor to add Oxygen to DreamStation while using Dreamwisp and heated humidifier.  I ordered a part but wasn’t helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hooking up O2 to Dreamstation with Heated
The adapters I found connect between the hose end and the mask. If this is the case, this adapter wouldn't interfere with a heated hose. The prices range from $4.50 to $9.00.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have a Philips but when I was sent home with oxygen, they provided me with an adapter that sat between the end of the heated hose and the bottom of the mask and had a side port to connect to the oxygen concentrator. Searching for "Philips CPAP oxygen port adaptor" or "Philips CPAP oxygen bleed adapter" should find some examples on Google. If that's what you've tried then I'm not sure. I did find that someone modded a SoClean adaptor to fit between their mask and heated hose. Though if the mask fits into the end of the hose directly, I'm not sure why the adaptors wouldn't fit. Is it too small or too large?

I know that some of the FFMs have an oxygen port on them otherwise, I'm not sure.

In the end, I got a heated Resmed hose with the oxygen port built in at the machine end, which makes for a far more comfortable result than having that extra tube up at my face and trying not to get kinked. Another reason I want a Resmed ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  Respiratory Therapist here at hospital is looking for hookup options.  An option I have not pullled out yet is the Airsense 11.   It at home new in box.   I’d rather not mess with it and just get some humidified Dreamstation working with O2 so I can sleep tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope you got some rest but honestly, that Resmed will probably prove to be a huge upgrade. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 608 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 640 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Heated hose setting Uzupan 15 4,099 09-21-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.