Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hopefully Turning a Corner in My Treatment
Hopefully Turning a Corner in My Treatment
Thanks to what I have learned by becoming an active participant in the forum I believe I can now build a case for getting an automatic CPAP machine to replace the ReSmart constant pressure machine which also does not support any downloadable software. I accepted this machine two years ago in ignorance, I had not become active in the forum at that time or I would have rejected the machine. I will be insisting on an automatic machine that at least supports Sleepyhead. I want to have a list two or three machines that will meet my needs so what I am asking is for members of the forum to recommend specific machines that they know by experience or otherwise to meet the criteria. If you have an order of preference please share that.

In a thread several months ago I outlined my concerns with the ReSmart machine. If my PCP can not convince Medicare and BCBS that this is a necessary change then I will probably end up eating the cost of a different machine. I finally have gotten down to an average AHI of less than 3.0 but am still having multiple apnea events with duration greater than 90 seconds with a few that exceed 120 seconds. With the ReSmart machine I can not distinguish between central and obstructive so I can not really tell what is going on.

Thanks in advance for your input, Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hopefully Turning a Corner in My Treatment
The most recent Dreamstation and the Resmed A10 are popular here. I use the A10 and after getting some initial rainout issues controlled I am greatly satisfied with this machine. It supports ResScan software as well as SH. Additionally, I am able to transmit my data using a Wifi enabled SD card (purchased separately) directly from the machine to my computer so as to avoid having to take the card out each day, insert it into a card reader on my computer then reinsert it in the machine. If that interests you and you get that far all the instructions you need to do that are located over in the software support forum area of this site. Hoping you get what you need and ask for.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2016, 10:49 AM)stanleydean Wrote: With the ReSmart machine I can not distinguish between central and obstructive so I can not really tell what is going on.

Does that machine provide high sample rate flow and pressure data? Sometimes obstructive apnea is preceded by flat-topping on inhale and a wiggle in the end of the exhalation flow. Not as certain as a machine that can score a CA versus an OA...
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sonic Boom, that is helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, justMongo, none of that information is available from this machine or at least not readily available. I have had to dig for everything I have gotten from ReSmart. The earlier thread regarding this machine was posted in late February or early March 2016.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2016, 11:12 AM)sonicboom Wrote: Additionally, I am able to transmit my data using a Wifi enabled SD card (purchased separately) directly from the machine to my computer so as to avoid having to take the card out each day, insert it into a card reader on my computer then reinsert it in the machine.

This really interests me! I'm getting a Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP tomorrow (new user), and I'd love not to have to do the SD card shuffle every day. I'm looking into different brands and sizes of wi-fi cards. I have wi-fi in my home, so I don't need to have a cloud service with a card, do I? How many GB would be good? Any other suggestions about what kind of card to get?
"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply
stanleydean,
Here is a link that may help you in choosing a new machine.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Good luck.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2016, 12:21 PM)Kris the Crone Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 11:12 AM)sonicboom Wrote: Additionally, I am able to transmit my data using a Wifi enabled SD card (purchased separately) directly from the machine to my computer so as to avoid having to take the card out each day, insert it into a card reader on my computer then reinsert it in the machine.

This really interests me! I'm getting a Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP tomorrow (new user), and I'd love not to have to do the SD card shuffle every day. I'm looking into different brands and sizes of wi-fi cards. I have wi-fi in my home, so I don't need to have a cloud service with a card, do I? How many GB would be good? Any other suggestions about what kind of card to get?

Did a search on the forum and found the answer about wi-fi SD cards. It's arriving tomorrow in time to use with the machine. Getting excited!
"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi stanleydean,
Good luck to you on your machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, your input has been very helpful. Next week when I go to my PCP for my annual checkup we will decide on the best approach to get my almost brick replaced with an acceptable machine, through Medicare/BCBS if possible and out of pocket if necessary, we will see. When some progress is made that will be posted. Again, thanks to you all.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 233 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 177 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 52,627 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 561 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 271 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  [Pressure] Improving ASV Treatment SleepyBoi97 5 284 01-26-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Wayne41
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 27 3,515 01-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.