Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hopefully Turning a Corner in My Treatment
RE: Hopefully Turning a Corner in My Treatment
Did i hear the sound of your worn out machine breaking ?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hopefully Turning a Corner in My Treatment
(06-17-2016, 02:59 PM)stanleydean Wrote: Next week when I go to my PCP for my annual checkup we will decide on the best approach to get my almost brick replaced with an acceptable machine, through Medicare/BCBS if possible and out of pocket if necessary, we will see.

If it turns out to be out-of-pocket, there are excellent deals now for new Philips Respironics System One model 560 (60-series) machines. For example, Supplier 1. (A link to the Supplier List is provided at the top of each forum page.)

These are auto-adjusting, fully data-capable (distinguishing central versus obstructive apnea), supported by SleepyHead and amazingly affordable right now. I recommend buying it with the heated tube option, which is more economical when included in the original purchase instead of adding it later.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 232 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 177 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 52,627 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 561 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 271 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  [Pressure] Improving ASV Treatment SleepyBoi97 5 284 01-26-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Wayne41
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 27 3,515 01-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.