Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hoping someone can help!!!
RE: Hoping someone can help!!!
thank you for all the help. I did successfully get into the clinicians settings. I found the smart start/stop option but it was already set to off. But the setting was greyed out and could not be changed. Slept with the machine last night and about 2 hrs after falling asleep it again turned off and again read ( over voltage fault) frustrating....... guess I might just have to send it out for repair Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone have any experience with any of the repair options listed in the supplier menu? what kind of costs can be expected?
Post Reply Post Reply
There may still be a warranty on it. I think it is 2 yrs.

I did some Google searching and you aren't the only one with the problem. One guy on another forum "fixed" it by accidentally dropping it. NOT recommend you do that, though! Other than that, it seems returning it for repair is the only option.

Any repair is going to be costly. If you have insurance, contact them and ask if it can be replaced or if they pay for repairs. Any DME would help you but they don't do repairs, just send them to the factory. They could loan you one to use in the meantime, although they'll probably charge rent.

If paying out of pocket, check out Supplier #2 in the supplier's list. You can get another S9 without the humidifier and save money.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2013, 08:16 PM)apneastinks Wrote: thank you for all the help. I did successfully get into the clinicians settings. I found the smart start/stop option but it was already set to off. But the setting was greyed out and could not be changed. Slept with the machine last night and about 2 hrs after falling asleep it again turned off and again read ( over voltage fault) frustrating....... guess I might just have to send it out for repair Sad

Autostart is iffy with a full face mask (FFM). If you set your S9 to "full face mask," it won't allow you to set autostart.

I believe this varies with the firmware version. Newer versions may allow you to set autostart, but it may not work even with it turned on with a FFM.

The problem is the anti-asphyxia valve on your mask make mean that as you inhale and exhale with the machine off, little to no air will go through the machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
ah ha . that makes perfect sense archangel!! Thank you.......now if we could figure out an easy cheap fix to stop my machine from going into over voltage fault, lol. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2013, 08:24 PM)apneastinks Wrote: Does anyone have any experience with any of the repair options listed in the supplier menu? what kind of costs can be expected?

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I suggest you call ResMed, ask for Customer Service, give them the serial number of your machine, and ask if your machine is still under warrantee. They will know by your machine's serial number when it was manufactured.

The warrantee is good for two years PLUS 90 DAYS from date of manufacture, even if you do not have the original sales receipt. (Or, if you have the original purchase receipt showing when it was bought new, I suppose the warrantee would be 2 yrs from original purchase.)

I bought an S9 AutoSet secondhand and did not have a copy of the original sales invoice for when it was bought by original owner. I had intermittent problems with it. Called ResMed, who said the unit was manufactured 25 and a half months earlier and therefore was still under warrantee. Had to take it to a DME to get shipped to ResMed. (ResMed will not accept returns directly from customers.)

Took it to my favorite DME, who called ResMed and verified the unit was manufactured 25 and a half months earlier, and ResMed issued an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) to send it in for repair. At no cost, unit was shipped to ResMed, who simply repaired the unit free of charge and returned it. No shipping charges or anything. If it had been out of warrantee, ResMed would have checked out the machine and called back with the price to repair. I think there is no charge (except maybe for shipping, not sure) if you decline to have it repaired.

Good luck,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
another forum member had the same problem but did not come back let us know how the problem was fixed
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...9-Cuts-out

just thought try another wall outlet and replace the filter
both suppliers #27 and 28 does cpap repair, give them a call and they might be able to tell you over the phone

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,127 Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 329 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 482 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad [CPAP] Hoping to figure out what is going wrong...Please help! (Data provided) Hopingforachange 0 352 06-01-2023, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Hopingforachange
  CPAP causing insomnia, hoping for some help starsknight 3 820 03-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  4 Month User hoping to optimize treatment maxcamac11 1 510 12-03-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: factor
  New To CPAP, hoping to get some help reading this chart JayH 8 743 09-30-2022, 12:27 AM
Last Post: clownbell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.