Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hoping someone can help!!!
Hoping someone can help!!!
Hello fellow apnea sufferers Smile Ive searched through this board but as of yet I havent found an answer. I Have a Resmed S9 that keeps shutting off in middle of the night.When I look at the machine it reads " over voltage fault" . Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I can also make the machine shut off and read this fault by blocking the air coming out with my hand for a brief second. Thanks for any help! Im getting desperate for a good night sleep Sad Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hoping someone can help!!!
Several things to check:

Do you have smart start on? If so, turn it off and see if that works.

Check the plug and where the plug fits into that block in the power cord. make sure everything is firmly in. Do the same for where the cord plugs into the machine.

Do you have a cat? Any chance the cat is sitting on it and doing something? Doubt that is it but cats are weird.

Do you have the humidifier attached? If so, take it off and try to see if you can duplicate it with just the machine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
if you,re using the H5i humidifier ... you need 90W power supply
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok everthing has been plugged and unpugged..... all i snug. The power supply machine and humidifier all came together.....all was new and unused. Ive had the machine maybe 2 yrs or so. Will try disconnecting humidifier and see what happens. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
other possible causes
mask comes off and the smart stop is enabled
hose disconnected from the S9 outlet or the H5i lid is open/ajar

see if any of the reasons apply to to you
Why is my therapy device shutting off at night?
http://www.resmed.com/au/service_and_sup...c=patients

once had a different error message .... check ResMed 30/90W power supply unit and fully insert connector
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...or-message
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok.....took off the matching humidifier and was able to make the mchine turn off an read over voltage fault by quickly blocking air with my hand.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2013, 06:24 PM)apneastinks Wrote: Hello fellow apnea sufferers Smile Ive searched through this board but as of yet I havent found an answer. I Have a Resmed S9 that keeps shutting off in middle of the night.When I look at the machine it reads " over voltage fault" . Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I can also make the machine shut off and read this fault by blocking the air coming out with my hand for a brief second. Thanks for any help! Im getting desperate for a good night sleep.

Of course, you've checked your house current with a meter, right? And you have no other devices in the house that act up because of the current? I just said those things for the record.

When you block the flow of air the motor has to speed up, which draws more current. Here is a WAG: What if ResMed uses one error message for any kind of voltage problem, either too much or not enough. Then your problem might be voltage that is too low. This happens more than you might think. It is more common in older houses and in older neighborhoods. If so, try a heavy duty extension cord from an outlet close to the main power panel. Another idea is to hook it up to a UPS that is also plugged in. The UPS is engineered to give constant power regardless of the quality of the power from the lines. If that clears it up, then you know the problem is in your house current.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2013, 07:08 PM)apneastinks Wrote: Ok.....took off the matching humidifier and was able to make the mchine turn off an read over voltage fault by quickly blocking air with my hand.
one of the reason listed in the above link ... Check if the tube is blocked, and if so, unblock it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi apneastinks and WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like you might have a problem with the power supply that goes with your machine.
Best of luck on getting it straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you turn on and off the smart stop?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 277 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,016 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 457 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad [CPAP] Hoping to figure out what is going wrong...Please help! (Data provided) Hopingforachange 0 332 06-01-2023, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Hopingforachange
  CPAP causing insomnia, hoping for some help starsknight 3 776 03-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  4 Month User hoping to optimize treatment maxcamac11 1 500 12-03-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: factor
  New To CPAP, hoping to get some help reading this chart JayH 8 731 09-30-2022, 12:27 AM
Last Post: clownbell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.