Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hoping someone can help!!!
RE: Hoping someone can help!!!
If you can't get to it in the regular settings, then you have to go into the clinical settings to do it. To do this hold down the knob button and double check mark button simultaneously for about three seconds, this takes you to the clinical menu. Turn the knob one click counterclockwise until the little icon with two check marks is highlighted then click the knob button and turn counter clockwise two clicks until Smartstart is highlighted. Click the knob again and this will allow you to change the Smartstart settings by turning the knob and clicking.. You can set it to off to see if that's where your problem is. If you set it to "patient" then it will put Smartstart out on the regular settings and you can change it from there.

Have you tried to use a surge protector to see if that's the problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Ill try that.......no I havent tried a surge protector yet......
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok.......got into the menu..... but found that the smart start option is greyed out with off selected and it wont let you change it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which S9 do you have? By the on/off is the name.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The (autoset)
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you in the patient menu or the clinician menu?

To select something to change it, tap the knob button. Whatever it is on turns orange. Turn the knob to select whatever and top the knob button again to set it.

If you are in the patient menu and tapping the button doesn't make a difference, then in the clinician menu, it is set to "on" vs "patient".

You'll need to get into the clinician menu to set it, if that's not where you are.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What Paula said.

To get to the "clinician" settings you have to push down on the knob and settings buttons (two check marks) simultaneously and hold them down for about three seconds. This is the double super secret menu they (DMEs) don't want you to know about. This is not the menu you get by just pushing the double check mark button.
Post Reply Post Reply
for the S9 clinician setup menu instructions ... see section one
S9 clinician manual available via email ... section three
scroll down ... HOW TO ASK FOR A MANUAL VIA EMAIL:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 setup instructions ... pictures and video
[Image: s9-pic1.jpg]

http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

link to ResScan download instructions and interpretation guide (post #1)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-4-2
Post Reply Post Reply
To turn off the smart stop you need to go into the clinicians menu. Download the manual (from this site) and get the directions. It's very simple- I used to use a ResMed. I think you should take the machine back to thew DME and have it checked.
Good luck,
Mary
Ah, I see someone better equipped to help stepped up- good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2013, 08:16 AM)zimlich Wrote: To turn off the smart stop you need to go into the clinicians menu. Download the manual (from this site) and get the directions. It's very simple- I used to use a ResMed. I think you should take the machine back to thew DME and have it checked.
Good luck,
Mary
Ah, I see someone better equipped to help stepped up- good.

Funny but that didn't seem to work in the S8 AutoSet II. I didn't let it bother me much though, since I only used it for three weeks before having to return it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 276 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 13 1,015 01-06-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 456 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad [CPAP] Hoping to figure out what is going wrong...Please help! (Data provided) Hopingforachange 0 332 06-01-2023, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Hopingforachange
  CPAP causing insomnia, hoping for some help starsknight 3 775 03-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  4 Month User hoping to optimize treatment maxcamac11 1 500 12-03-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: factor
  New To CPAP, hoping to get some help reading this chart JayH 8 731 09-30-2022, 12:27 AM
Last Post: clownbell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.