Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Horrible ! [message from SleepyHead]
RE: Horrible ! [message from SleepyHead]
I have added four attachments of this night stats. Hope it helps

Now it's time for me to learn all the terms definition!

Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
Patro,
The graphs you posted don't help us all that much.  Please read the tutorials below in my signature line.  The first one on Organizing your charts is most important for folks to be able to look at your data and offer advice.  

Then use the Attachment Feature to post here.

Your graph should be organized "somewhat" like this one.  Notice that the left sidebar with statistics is included.  Include the following Graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate and Snores.  The rest is not needed at this time.

[attachment=7451]
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dutch uncle: "your graphs stink! Read my tutorials in my signature".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2018, 07:20 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Patro,
The graphs you posted don't help us all that much.  Please read the tutorials below in my signature line.  The first one on Organizing your charts is most important for folks to be able to look at your data and offer advice.  

Then use the Attachment Feature to post here.

Your graph should be organized "somewhat" like this one.  Notice that the left sidebar with statistics is included.  Include the following Graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate and Snores.  The rest is not needed at this time.

I can't find "Flow rate" Maybe it's not available with the Respironics™
Is this one better?

(07-21-2018, 09:12 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Dutch uncle: "your graphs stink! Read my tutorials in my signature".

Is this for me ? If not, please remove. If so, why?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Horrible !
(07-20-2018, 09:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Patro, one of the first things we did when re-writing the upcoming Sleepyhead update was to remove those comments and change them to a statistical trend summary of your results compared to the prior weeks.  As you say, an AHI of 12 is relatively good compared to no therapy.  We really need to know what your pressure settings are, and the kind of events you are having.  The suggested revision to settings will be different for CA events rather than OA or H.  The easiest way for us to figure it out is see a Sleepyhead graph.  My signature links includes tutorials of organizing and posting graphs.

Removal/changing of the SleepyHead welcoming comments is not a bad idea. I will not miss seeing "Your mask is leaking way too much, talk to your provider".

Welcome to the forum Patro!

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Horrible !
Patro, my comments was a retort to Saldus Miegas comment and not intended to offend you. Your current graphs looks pretty good. I would edit my comment, but you quoted me, so it would not do much good.

(07-20-2018, 09:58 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 09:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Patro, one of the first things we did when re-writing the upcoming Sleepyhead update was to remove those comments and change them to a statistical trend summary of your results compared to the prior weeks.  

Hi Sleeprider,

Kind of sorry to hear that. I like the "Dutch Uncle" approach to Sleepyhead welcome screen.  Partly because it feels so good when you get a good comment, or the occasional smiley face when all the stars line up and you get a zero AHI.   

When I was still way above 5 and struggling in my pursuit, if I needed a warm fuzzy I would log in to MyAir. 

ResScan takes a more clinical approach to reporting, and that made Sleepyhead more personable by contrast.  

So, beginner or anytime you need a little sunshine use MyAir where good habits are rewarded over results.  For sterile clinical reporting use ResScan.  For guidance from a sheep with a little attitude who won't let you coast use Sleepyhead. 

I don't mean to be insensitive because maybe I'm one of the lucky ones who do get down in the 0-5 range where the messages vary and encourage me to keep studying my own situation to try and improve it. 

Also I thought the goal of CPAP treatment is to reach AHI 5 or below.  I don't really know that maybe a lot of people never reach AHI of 5.  In that case I guess always being welcomed with "that's horrible" could be a bit discouraging after a while.  

So, I defer to your greater knowledge and broader experience to know what the community needs.

Maybe you can make a program option to keep the legacy messages of classic Sleepyhead.  I will miss them.  Smile

Saldus Miegas
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's take a look at your current graph.  At pressures 12 to 18 your AHI is just over 20 with mixed apnea events.  We see a lot of obstructive apnea, and I think we need to target that first and "hope" the CA is also reduced.  There is a good bit of flow limitation, hypopnea and OA. The time has been zoomed in and there are gaps in some of the pressure graphs, so we can't really compare pressure and events.  If you could provide a graph without the zoom on events, it would help a lot to see if there is a correlation.
Please include Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks and Snores. The Flow rate is missing here, and is more important than the snore graph if you need to drop something.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7452]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Please include Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks and Snores.  The Flow rate is missing here, and is more important than the snore graph if you need to drop something.

I know that the flow rate is missing, but I can't find how to show it. Does not show on the table here!
Any clues on how to show it ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2018, 10:49 AM)Patro Wrote: Please include Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks and Snores.  The Flow rate is missing here, and is more important than the snore graph if you need to drop something.

I know that the flow rate is missing, but I can't find how to show it. Does not show on the table here!
Any clues on how to show it ?

Salut, Patro. Welcome

If you keep scrolling down in your SleepyHead chart, do you see the Flow Rate graph? If so, grab the title on the left with your cursor to drag it up near the top of the chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the Sleepyhead menu, go to File/Preferences/Waveforms, and be sure the flow rate is checked. Flow rate is a graph not an event, so chances are it is just somewhere lower in the graph orders, and it can be moved higher by clicking on the title and dragging it higher in the order.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Low AHI, horrible sleep, OSCAR data apneaHero 20 2,230 10-03-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: clan
  4 months in, horrible OA after changing from nasal N20 to full face F20- PLEASE HELP aquamike 7 869 09-20-2023, 12:09 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation 2 Message gq1234 3 2,459 09-04-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [Equipment] DreamStation "Check Power" message HerbieK 1 6,283 02-26-2023, 09:50 PM
Last Post: PhoenixRising

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.