Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Horrible ! [message from SleepyHead]
Horrible ! [message from SleepyHead]
I was finally able to read my SD Card andtransfer the data into my profile.Lots of interesting things to learn about during the next weeks. Surprisingly, the I reopened the Sleepy Head software there was a warning. Last night your AHI was 16.3 whichis Horrible. Consult your doctor. Your mask is leaking .....pressure at 12 is too high.

For me it's not so bad because I started at 73 AHI 

So, what is the next step, can't see my doctor before August the 20th.
Regards to all of you.

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Horrible !
What mask?

Have you tried using the APAP mode with an initial setting of say 7-20cmH2O?

If you post your SH charts, I am sure one of the other pros can assist you in making machine and or mask adjustments...whether it's the min and max pressure limits or comfort settings.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Patro

The opening screen comments on SleepyHead are a general indication of how things are going, but personally I would greatly prefer they weren't there. The software author has taken a huge amount of data and tried to distill it down to 2 or 3 comments. As suggested by Dave above, why don't you post some #SleepyHead output here and we can look at interpreting the data for you.

Instructions for arranging your charts and posting them can be found here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
The notification accomplished the goal of informing you that your treatment is far from ideal.

Now you need to take the next step: learning about the problems and treatment options.

A great way to start is with sleepyhead and the forum. Post the charts so we can see and discuss.
Post Reply Post Reply
Patro, one of the first things we did when re-writing the upcoming Sleepyhead update was to remove those comments and change them to a statistical trend summary of your results compared to the prior weeks. As you say, an AHI of 12 is relatively good compared to no therapy. We really need to know what your pressure settings are, and the kind of events you are having. The suggested revision to settings will be different for CA events rather than OA or H. The easiest way for us to figure it out is see a Sleepyhead graph. My signature links includes tutorials of organizing and posting graphs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:
(07-19-2018, 06:53 PM)Patro Wrote: Last night your AHI was 16.3 whichis Horrible.

Agree, those welcoming messages can be alarming, but is only meant for you to take notice.

Your AHI of 16.3 isn't horrible, but not that great either. You should aim for an AHI of 5 and preferably under.

The next step is to post your charts so we can help.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Horrible ! [message from SleepyHead]
Stats screen capture .
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board, Patro.

A screen shot of the charts in the SleepyHead Daily tab will be much more beneficial in determining the best machine settings for you. As suggested, be sure to organize the charts using the tutorials at the links provided.

Also, ResMed and DreamStation report leaks differently. ResMed reports mask leaks while your DreamStation reports total leaks. SleepyHead's default large leak threshold is set for ResMed machines. You can get a more realistic leak report from SleepyHead by going to the CPAP tab in the SleepyHead settings and set the Flag leaks over setting to 70 L/min.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2018, 09:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Patro, one of the first things we did when re-writing the upcoming Sleepyhead update was to remove those comments and change them to a statistical trend summary of your results compared to the prior weeks.  

Hi Sleeprider,

Kind of sorry to hear that. I like the "Dutch Uncle" approach to Sleepyhead welcome screen.  Partly because it feels so good when you get a good comment, or the occasional smiley face when all the stars line up and you get a zero AHI.   

When I was still way above 5 and struggling in my pursuit, if I needed a warm fuzzy I would log in to MyAir. 

ResScan takes a more clinical approach to reporting, and that made Sleepyhead more personable by contrast.  

So, beginner or anytime you need a little sunshine use MyAir where good habits are rewarded over results.  For sterile clinical reporting use ResScan.  For guidance from a sheep with a little attitude who won't let you coast use Sleepyhead. 

I don't mean to be insensitive because maybe I'm one of the lucky ones who do get down in the 0-5 range where the messages vary and encourage me to keep studying my own situation to try and improve it. 

Also I thought the goal of CPAP treatment is to reach AHI 5 or below.  I don't really know that maybe a lot of people never reach AHI of 5.  In that case I guess always being welcomed with "that's horrible" could be a bit discouraging after a while.  

So, I defer to your greater knowledge and broader experience to know what the community needs.

Maybe you can make a program option to keep the legacy messages of classic Sleepyhead.  I will miss them.  Smile

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will read those instruction during the weekend. My English is a little bit slow at reading specialized documents.
BTW, Thanks to all of you who translate the software to France (and other languages). Good thing that you also use colors for each theme.
Regards
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,788 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Low AHI, horrible sleep, OSCAR data apneaHero 20 2,230 10-03-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: clan
  4 months in, horrible OA after changing from nasal N20 to full face F20- PLEASE HELP aquamike 7 870 09-20-2023, 12:09 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation 2 Message gq1234 3 2,460 09-04-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [Equipment] DreamStation "Check Power" message HerbieK 1 6,283 02-26-2023, 09:50 PM
Last Post: PhoenixRising

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.