Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose Cover
Anyone know of a supplier that has hose covers that don't have a zipper running the length of them? I recently rescued two Bengals and one of them loves to play with my CPAP hose. I'm working on training her not to but in the meantime I thought a cover would prevent her from putting another hole in it. I ordered one not realizing it had a zipper, not that I would have thought about the problem it has caused, though. The zipper has reduced the flexibility of my hose. I had finally worked out a system for hose placement that I didn't have to fight with all night long. Now, I'm back to square one.

Thanks! Thanks
Starr
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't seen one without zipper. Way back, I made a hose cover from some old flannelette sheets cut to size, stitched it up using thread and needle, sewing machine would make the job easier
Post Reply Post Reply
Search eBay for "CPAP hose cover". I used a zipperless hose cover before I started using a heated hose. I think the seller was making them at home.
Post Reply Post Reply

(11-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Starrbelie Wrote: Anyone know of a supplier that has hose covers that don't have a zipper running the length of them? I recently rescued two Bengals and one of them loves to play with my CPAP hose. I'm working on training her not to but in the meantime I thought a cover would prevent her from putting another hole in it. I ordered one not realizing it had a zipper, not that I would have thought about the problem it has caused, though. The zipper has reduced the flexibility of my hose. I had finally worked out a system for hose placement that I didn't have to fight with all night long. Now, I'm back to square one.

Thanks! Thanks
Starr

Google CPAP hose covers. There are a few sites that sell them without zippers.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a cover called Snugglehose from Supplier #1. Fleece cover with no zipper. It is easy to insert the hose through the cover if you cover the hose end with a slippery plastic (like packaging) so the rubber end slips through. These are washable and I've been using similar products for over 7-years.

Edit: Looking at the site, I see both a zippered and slip-on design. The slip-on is less expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can search Amazon for "SnuggleHose" too - that's where I got mine. No zipper.
Post Reply Post Reply

(11-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Starrbelie Wrote: I recently rescued two Bengals...
Starr

Congrats on the rescue, but Wow you have tigers sleeping with you? Braver than I - I just have Pointers and Retrievers! Smile

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Starrbelie

Coincidentally I just ordered one earlier today from Amazon. It is a Philips Respironics brand name soft material (not sure exactly what material), no zipper, 6' hose cover for just $10.99 USD.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check them out!

(11-08-2015, 08:27 PM)parkerdt Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Starrbelie Wrote: I recently rescued two Bengals...
Starr

Congrats on the rescue, but Wow you have tigers sleeping with you? Braver than I - I just have Pointers and Retrievers! Smile

Dave

Dave,
Not tigers only Asian Leopard Cats! LOL! They are super sweet! I have only gotten one small scratch in the 6 weeks I've had them. They act more like dogs than cats! I've actually started clicker training them! Oh and I have Retrievers, too!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machine Placement and Hose Management littlefatcat 9 199 Yesterday, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Autoset with ClimateLine heated hose - water in hose Electric Dreamer 4 138 06-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Dry hose Kathy Oreardon 8 233 06-13-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Kathy Oreardon
  System One no longer heating hose flibbidyfloo 30 7,007 06-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Patson
  Cpap short hose Karen33 4 236 06-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Idea Disconnecting Hose for pee Break msw4477 11 479 05-30-2017, 08:12 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  My hose management creation CrazyDreamer 15 581 05-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait