Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose Cover
Hose Cover
Anyone know of a supplier that has hose covers that don't have a zipper running the length of them? I recently rescued two Bengals and one of them loves to play with my CPAP hose. I'm working on training her not to but in the meantime I thought a cover would prevent her from putting another hole in it. I ordered one not realizing it had a zipper, not that I would have thought about the problem it has caused, though. The zipper has reduced the flexibility of my hose. I had finally worked out a system for hose placement that I didn't have to fight with all night long. Now, I'm back to square one.

Thanks! Thanks
Starr
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose Cover
I haven't seen one without zipper. Way back, I made a hose cover from some old flannelette sheets cut to size, stitched it up using thread and needle, sewing machine would make the job easier
Post Reply Post Reply
Search eBay for "CPAP hose cover". I used a zipperless hose cover before I started using a heated hose. I think the seller was making them at home.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Starrbelie Wrote: Anyone know of a supplier that has hose covers that don't have a zipper running the length of them? I recently rescued two Bengals and one of them loves to play with my CPAP hose. I'm working on training her not to but in the meantime I thought a cover would prevent her from putting another hole in it. I ordered one not realizing it had a zipper, not that I would have thought about the problem it has caused, though. The zipper has reduced the flexibility of my hose. I had finally worked out a system for hose placement that I didn't have to fight with all night long. Now, I'm back to square one.

Thanks! Thanks
Starr

Google CPAP hose covers. There are a few sites that sell them without zippers.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a cover called Snugglehose from Supplier #1. Fleece cover with no zipper. It is easy to insert the hose through the cover if you cover the hose end with a slippery plastic (like packaging) so the rubber end slips through. These are washable and I've been using similar products for over 7-years.

Edit: Looking at the site, I see both a zippered and slip-on design. The slip-on is less expensive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can search Amazon for "SnuggleHose" too - that's where I got mine. No zipper.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Starrbelie Wrote: I recently rescued two Bengals...
Starr

Congrats on the rescue, but Wow you have tigers sleeping with you? Braver than I - I just have Pointers and Retrievers! Smile

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Starrbelie

Coincidentally I just ordered one earlier today from Amazon. It is a Philips Respironics brand name soft material (not sure exactly what material), no zipper, 6' hose cover for just $10.99 USD.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check them out!

(11-08-2015, 08:27 PM)parkerdt Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Starrbelie Wrote: I recently rescued two Bengals...
Starr

Congrats on the rescue, but Wow you have tigers sleeping with you? Braver than I - I just have Pointers and Retrievers! Smile

Dave

Dave,
Not tigers only Asian Leopard Cats! LOL! They are super sweet! I have only gotten one small scratch in the 6 weeks I've had them. They act more like dogs than cats! I've actually started clicker training them! Oh and I have Retrievers, too!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,861 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.