Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose Cover
Question 
Hose Cover
I have a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP machine and was wondering if there would be any issues if I put a hose cover over the hose. I find that the noise the hose makes rubbing against my bed frame in the middle of the night disruptive but I do not want condensation forming in the hose.

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose Cover
I do it for the comfort. its not necessary if you have a heated hose - but if you are like me and don't like bumping into the hose at night it works well.

It should help with condensation - in theory, it increases the temperature and insulates the hose against a colder outside temp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you though about getting the heated hose? That would surly prevent condensation, although I don't think condensation would occur anyway. A cover would insulate the hose to some extent. Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2017, 05:51 PM)sunrise06 Wrote: I have a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP machine and was wondering if there would be any issues if I put a hose cover over the hose. I find that the noise the hose makes rubbing against my bed frame in the middle of the night disruptive but I do not want condensation forming in the hose.

Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum, sunrise06.

Putting a cover on your hose will not cause any problems. In fact it will have the added benefit of reducing the chances of condensation forming in your hose.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OP reads like the noise is the problem. If the noise bugs you -- sure, why not use a hose cover to fix it.

In case you have one of those cheap "regular" hoses that DMEs like to sell, the ridges on the tube will be like a cheese grater; and the bed sideboard will eventually cause the hose to leak.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It will be an apocalyptic disaster!

Actually I ave used covers on heated hoses since 2008. Much more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I simply made one myself from a soft fleece material, also mainly for the noise, but it's also much nicer to the touch.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2017, 06:13 PM)justMongo Wrote: In case you have one of those cheap "regular" hoses that DMEs like to sell, the ridges on the tube will be like a cheese grater; and the bed sideboard will eventually cause the hose to leak.

Interesting. I'm using the hose that came with the Dreamstation, it definitely has ridges, but I didn't realize there was something more luxurious out there. (Softer would also be better). What should I be looking for when it's time to replace this one? (I have no DME).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sunrise06,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I have used hose covers for a long time and haven't had any trouble. I'm using one on a heated hose and it works well and is softer to the touch and doesn't rub on anything, no noise at all.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 581 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 639 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.