Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose Cover and heated hose
I have two heated hoses...

The first one was an after market hose that came with a cover fitted. It works fine on the old Respironics I use when I am traveling.

The other is the hose that came with the new Respironics I bought earlier this year. It didn't come with a cover but it has a sensor in the user end of the hose that measures the temperature (or humidity perhaps) of the air being delivered to the mask... A cover would be compensated for by that.

I guess a really high powered heated hose without any feedback control loop could get too hot and fail but I have never seen such a hose....

Overall - I call 'Old Wives Tale'... and there is more than a few of those in this area...
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
.. oops - double post... Sorry.
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not see any problem with a reasonable cover on a heated hose. The heating circuit would work less hard.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Kind of sounds like someone advising you not to insulate your house because your gas furnace is going to burn the house down if you do... Smile

"You'll put your eye out!" "Your face is gonna freeze that way!"

(I got some good sleep last night - I'm feeling a little silly this morning) Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't use a hose cover on my climateline not out of fear that it will overheat or not function properly, but because I wash my hose every morning and it'd be a pain in the butt to constantly remove and re wrap the hose. Long story short, I'm just to lazy for that Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI and P10 hose placement Kosoku 3 133 05-14-2018, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  New Hose; 28.5 AHI! gregger 33 820 05-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Last Post: JesseLee
Question HSA to cover Cpap purchase in Canada superboiler 3 154 05-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Mogy
  DME gave me a new BIPAP without the hose and side panel MyronH 15 655 04-30-2018, 12:09 PM
Last Post: BTS1
  cleaning six foot hose larryslade66 6 531 04-23-2018, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Resmed Airsense 10 Heated Hose Issue Jschiner 16 733 04-17-2018, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Coffee Man
  A10 side cover vs humidifier - which for travel? PaulaO2 16 630 03-26-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: booksfan