Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose Hair
Hose Hair
Any suggestions for hose hair? I use a chin strap and nasal pillows FX set-up and my hair looks like hell in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose Hair
Hi lukie,
I know what you mean. I always tell my husband before we go anywhere, I have to wet and comb my hair to get rid of that "CPAP look," (Ha-ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe hairnet

Post Reply Post Reply
I have really short hair. If I have to go somewhere ghastly early in the morning, I use a washcloth and wet my hair by rubbing it with the cloth then brush it down. Or I wear a cap. I have my Green Bay Packers hat. When my hair gets longer, I have the "Albert Einstein" look and a hat just is not enough.

Later in the day, I just shower before we go anywhere. That's really the only way to get rid of it.

But seriously, there's nothing to prevent it. A hair net might but that's one more piece to put on.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
If your hose has that much hair, you may have other problems.
I would , for sure, leave the hairy hose at home when I go out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hehehe....I have a simple solution: 1/4" crew cut. My head has been mostly near naked since my days in uniform and I find that straps just can't dent the Brillo pad that is my head Smile I'd bet that being bald is also an alternative to prevent "hose hair", but I don't plan on finding out unless I set a new fund raising record for a charity ride I do Wink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2013, 12:25 PM)bwexler Wrote: If your hose has that much hair, you may have other problems.

Thank you for the good chuckle!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2013, 08:43 PM)Lukie Wrote: Any suggestions for hose hair? I use a chin strap and nasal pillows FX set-up and my hair looks like hell in the morning.

I'm bald as a cue ball and shave what little trys to grow in. I don't understand what his thread is about. Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2013, 12:25 PM)bwexler Wrote: If your hose has that much hair, you may have other problems.

ROFL !
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2013, 12:30 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: Hehehe....I have a simple solution: 1/4" crew cut. My head has been mostly near naked since my days in uniform and I find that straps just can't dent the Brillo pad that is my head Smile I'd bet that being bald is also an alternative to prevent "hose hair", but I don't plan on finding out unless I set a new fund raising record for a charity ride I do Wink

I have super short hair too but I can still feel an "indent" and it bugs me. I've taken to washing my hair in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,617 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 278 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 255 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 627 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,361 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 568 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 688 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.