Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose Management
Hose Management
Have you given much thought to hose management ? I believe Hose management can be critical to successful cpap therapy. For myself I hang my hose overhead. I have a plant hanger affixed to the wall. I use a pair of hair loops to suspend the hose from the hanger overhead and let the hose hang down. My mask hose is extended up to attach to the cpap hose. I can turn left or right without drag or possible mask dislodgment. When you toss and turn such as I have a tendency to do this is important. Hope this is helpful to some one

Apapuser

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose Management
I have been using something called a HoseBuddy Tangle Free CPAP Hose Suspension System that I purchased from Supplier #1. Initially I made this purchase due to the hose connection location on the S9 heated humidifier. My previous Resmed devices situated the humidifier at the front of the device and didn't present the same hose routing challenge as the S9's.

I am presently using the HoseBuddy with my current APAP device in the manner intended but soon plan to use it more as a simple hose and mask hanger as my current humidifier hose connector offers other hose routing possibilities when in use. Then again, I may very well find that using the HoseBuddy proves the best of any possible routing option and change back to using it as its' designers intended.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 07:14 PM)Surly Wrote: I have been using something called a HoseBuddy Tangle Free CPAP Hose Suspension System that I purchased from Supplier #1. Initially I made this purchase due to the hose connection location on the S9 heated humidifier. My previous Resmed devices situated the humidifier at the front of the device and didn't present the same hose routing challenge as the S9's.

I am presently using the HoseBuddy with my current APAP device in the manner intended but soon plan to use it more as a simple hose and mask hanger as my current humidifier hose connector offers other hose routing possibilities when in use. Then again, I may very well find that using the HoseBuddy proves the best of any possible routing option and change back to using it as its' designers intended.

Nice setup
Similar results achieved

Apapuser

Post Reply Post Reply
I use an overhead hose hanger I got at [link removed] for a decent price. It makes a huge difference.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Apapuser, I use a similar method, a large ring through a clip onto a wall unit, it cost me 80c. I recommend the hose coming from above your head to everyone, not only does it allow you to swivel, also you don't get tangled and the mask pulls up instead of down which seem to help with leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 11:01 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Apapuser, I use a similar method, a large ring through a clip onto a wall unit, it cost me 80c. I recommend the hose coming from above your head to everyone, not only does it allow you to swivel, also you don't get tangled and the mask pulls up instead of down which seem to help with leaks.

Hi

Yes I believe routing your hose overhead is the superior method of Hose Management. I know it has had a huge impact upon my sleep apnea therapy.

Apapuser

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 11:01 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Apapuser, I use a similar method, a large ring through a clip onto a wall unit, it cost me 80c. I recommend the hose coming from above your head to everyone, not only does it allow you to swivel, also you don't get tangled and the mask pulls up instead of down which seem to help with leaks.

Now that is good Idea and cheap Smile to try. How would I go about doing something like that I have window above my head?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 05:52 AM)libbyau Wrote:

Now that is good Idea and cheap Smile to try. How would I go about doing something like that I have window above my head?

you could put your hose over the headboard of your bed or you can get one of those suction cups with a hook on it and use that (or you can put a hook on the side of your window). For me, I would take the easiest, less expensive and the way that would least affect the paint on the walls. I would go for the hose over the headboard.

For those that put their hose in the loop on your headgear, does the hose bother you when you are sleeping? I would think that it would go down behind you and make it hard to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is one of the first thoughts I had when I first started this journey a few days ago. Hanging the hose over head on some kind of swivel system. My mask has a loop on the top of my head that I can and do run the hose through. It's elastic so when you slide the hose to a position that not only has a good fit but feels good it stays. Luckily i noticed the loop right after the first night as my DME did not mention it so i did not suffer too long not using it as it does help.

Thanks everyone I will look at some of these commercial devices mentioned.

Just a thought I wonder if we can and should post pictures of our setups. Might help some of us with unique situations such as windows ,etc.

Also I want to say how much this forum has helped me. Thanks everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 06:17 AM)me50 Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 05:52 AM)libbyau Wrote:

you could put your hose over the headboard of your bed or you can get one of those suction cups with a hook on it and use that (or you can put a hook on the side of your window). For me, I would take the easiest, less expensive and the way that would least affect the paint on the walls. I would go for the hose over the headboard.

For those that put their hose in the loop on your headgear, does the hose bother you when you are sleeping? I would think that it would go down behind you and make it hard to sleep.

In found it better for if I do not use top of head loop. I want no pressure on my headgear

apapuser

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,287 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,553 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.