Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose Management
RE: Hose Management
(01-14-2014, 05:52 AM)libbyau Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 11:01 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Apapuser, I use a similar method, a large ring through a clip onto a wall unit, it cost me 80c. I recommend the hose coming from above your head to everyone, not only does it allow you to swivel, also you don't get tangled and the mask pulls up instead of down which seem to help with leaks.

Now that is good Idea and cheap Smile to try. How would I go about doing something like that I have window above my head?

Libby, me50's idea is good if you have a bed head, if you do you may want to put a towel or cloth under where the hose would touch the bed head to save noise.
If not, if you do a google search for CPAP Hose Lift you will get an idea of the device we are talking about. They are around $60 but if you are handy making things or know someone that is, they maybe able to make you one.
I have my CPAP in a wooden wall unit next to my bed at head height, so I'm able you put a clip and ring up higher and guide the hose through it and down over my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 08:13 AM)Smoothy Wrote: That is one of the first thoughts I had when I first started this journey a few days ago. Hanging the hose over head on some kind of swivel system. My mask has a loop on the top of my head that I can and do run the hose through. It's elastic so when you slide the hose to a position that not only has a good fit but feels good it stays. Luckily i noticed the loop right after the first night as my DME did not mention it so i did not suffer too long not using it as it does help.

Thanks everyone I will look at some of these commercial devices mentioned.

Just a thought I wonder if we can and should post pictures of our setups. Might help some of us with unique situations such as windows ,etc.

Also I want to say how much this forum has helped me. Thanks everyone

Smoothy, good idea, I took a picture of mine but deleted it as I was embarassed that it looks so cheap but it works for me.
Will re do it when I get a chance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am being hosed by my hose.. I have a ResMed Slimline hose. I have been using a Nasal mask up to now. Today I received a spiffy new Res-Med Swift FX pillows headgear thingy. I would like to connect it to my fricken Slimline hose. The problem is there is a gray fitting on the end of the hose that seems to me should be removed and replaced with the similar fitting on the new pillows mask. But it won't budge. I'm afraid if I tork on it too much I'll simply break it. But the new Swift FX will not connect to the Slimline hose without this thing coming off. Any suggestions? Maybe use my saws-all?

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 08:11 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I am being hosed by my hose.. I have a ResMed Slimline hose. I have been using a Nasal mask up to now. Today I received a spiffy new Res-Med Swift FX pillows headgear thingy. I would like to connect it to my fricken Slimline hose. The problem is there is a gray fitting on the end of the hose that seems to me should be removed and replaced with the similar fitting on the new pillows mask. But it won't budge. I'm afraid if I tork on it too much I'll simply break it. But the new Swift FX will not connect to the Slimline hose without this thing coming off. Any suggestions? Maybe use my saws-all?

Thanks...

I can't tell by your post if you are connecting the hose that comes with the nasal pillows to your slimline hose. There is a video on youtube that shows about your nasal pillows. I am sure someone else will have more ideas for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 08:18 PM)me50 Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 08:11 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I am being hosed by my hose.. I have a ResMed Slimline hose. I have been using a Nasal mask up to now. Today I received a spiffy new Res-Med Swift FX pillows headgear thingy. I would like to connect it to my fricken Slimline hose. The problem is there is a gray fitting on the end of the hose that seems to me should be removed and replaced with the similar fitting on the new pillows mask. But it won't budge. I'm afraid if I tork on it too much I'll simply break it. But the new Swift FX will not connect to the Slimline hose without this thing coming off. Any suggestions? Maybe use my saws-all?

Thanks...

I can't tell by your post if you are connecting the hose that comes with the nasal pillows to your slimline hose. There is a video on youtube that shows about your nasal pillows. I am sure someone else will have more ideas for you.

Well, I'm trying to do that. There is an adapter that comes with the nasal mask that connects to the slimline hose. There is also an adapter that comes with the pillows mask that connects to the slimline hose. Problem is, I cannot get the adapter from the nasal mask to let go from the slimline hose so I can connect the one from the pillows mask. When you connect a mask to a hose, does it twist to lock in place? or push to lock? Or glue?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the wisp nasal mask and all I do is push the hose from the wisp into my climate line tubing.

Do you have a spare slimline hose you can use with your new pillows? Or can you just use the adapter that is on the slimline hose and not the adapter that came with your pillows or is the adapter already attached to the hose that came with your new pillows?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had trouble pulling my Swift FX nasal pillows hose straight out of my climateline hose. They suction together so tight it was hard to pull them apart. I found I had to gently bend my mask hose down and wedge it out. It doesn't take much pressure that would hurt it. Just enough to ease up the suction. I hope that makes sense. Is hard to describe what I mean.

They just push together. No twisting or locking in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 09:43 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: I had trouble pulling my Swift FX nasal pillows hose straight out of my climateline hose. They suction together so tight it was hard to pull them apart. I found I had to gently bend my mask hose down and wedge it out. It doesn't take much pressure that would hurt it. Just enough to ease up the suction. I hope that makes sense. Is hard to describe what I mean.

They just push together. No twisting or locking in place.

Problem solved! Thanks so much. Seems stupidly easy when you do it right!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 05:52 PM)Tez62 Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 08:13 AM)Smoothy Wrote: That is one of the first thoughts I had when I first started this journey a few days ago. Hanging the hose over head on some kind of swivel system. My mask has a loop on the top of my head that I can and do run the hose through. It's elastic so when you slide the hose to a position that not only has a good fit but feels good it stays. Luckily i noticed the loop right after the first night as my DME did not mention it so i did not suffer too long not using it as it does help.

Thanks everyone I will look at some of these commercial devices mentioned.

Just a thought I wonder if we can and should post pictures of our setups. Might help some of us with unique situations such as windows ,etc.

Also I want to say how much this forum has helped me. Thanks everyone

Smoothy, good idea, I took a picture of mine but deleted it as I was embarassed that it looks so cheap but it works for me.
Will re do it when I get a chance.

These are the photo's I have taken of my home made Hose lift.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice setup, Tez.... and inexpensive too! Think I might try that!

Thanks!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,554 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.