Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose Management?
RE: Hose Management?
I use the Hose Buddy here. It has worked well for me so far. That or a similar hose hanger would work. The version I have has velcro strips to hold the hose. A trick I learned after the first time I cleaned the hose was when you have it in the right position, take a sharpie and mark the hose on both sides of the velcro so you can put the hose back in the same position after cleaning. No more fussing for 10 minutes trying to get just the right amount of slack on the hose again.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I love my hose hanger!

"Take it as it comes, specialize in having fun"
-- Jim Morrison
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 03:39 PM)lmoretti Wrote: Why didn't I think of this???
Stopping on my way home to buy a spring clamp and a large velcro cable management loop.

Well, that was a bust.

Clipped it to my headboard and the hose from my P10 hung right in my face and kept hitting me. Couldn't get to sleep until I took it off and clipped it to the side of the mattress, which kept it from falling and allowed me to get some sleep. The 2" spring clamp is overkill for that though- may look at modifying a closepin, or attaching it to a stick to get it over my body instead of draping over my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
The hose hanger is a must for me. I have 2 different types for 2 different environments. You can find my reviews in the product review section of the forum. They are inexpensive and designed to make their use easy, e.g. hose removal/replacement for cleaning is fast, they do not damage your bed frame or wall, and you can easily travel with some of them.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2015, 10:15 AM)lmoretti Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 03:39 PM)lmoretti Wrote: Why didn't I think of this???
Stopping on my way home to buy a spring clamp and a large velcro cable management loop.

Well, that was a bust.

Clipped it to my headboard and the hose from my P10 hung right in my face and kept hitting me. Couldn't get to sleep until I took it off and clipped it to the side of the mattress, which kept it from falling and allowed me to get some sleep. The 2" spring clamp is overkill for that though- may look at modifying a closepin, or attaching it to a stick to get it over my body instead of draping over my face.

If you want to go old-school DIY, pick up a 90 degree bracket at a box store for a couple of bucks. Use the clamp to hold it to the head board and the velcro to hold the hose on the overhanging part.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Another vote here for learning to tuck the hose under your arm/pit. It turns with you as you move and not needing any extra hardware makes travel a lot simpler.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a hose clip on my PJs and tuch the hose under my arm. Otherwise, my Pointer wants to play with it, and she is darned persistent!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,631 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 283 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 259 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 629 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,371 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 693 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.