Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose connecting to face mask, or connecting overhead
RE: Hose connecting to face mask, or connecting overhead
I was a long-time dreamwear user, and a fan of top-of-head connections. One thing to be aware of, though, is that the F30i is not going to be as adjustable than the F30 is. On the F30 I have the strap on the top of the headgear pulled very tight, which gets the side straps up off my ears. I've never used the F30i (it's on my list for the next time I get a new mask) put with the P30i/N30i headgear I have rigged up a sock and foam pad underneath where the hose hooks in because my head is too small. (And yes, the piece of foam is one that I cut out of my cervical collar, which was ridiculously too long for me. Sensing a theme here, LOL)
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the top-of-head mostly because the hose is out of the way. I turn over at night and am totally unaware of the hose.

But three drawbacks I've found with the F30i (as compare to the F20):

The face fit is totally different. I got the F30i to work for me but it took awhile. For me the gapping around the nose was finicky, the solution was wearing it higher on my face.

The tubes on the side of my face aren't great. Sometimes I wake up at night annoyed by an itch or the feel; they trap sweat and stick a little to the face. Cleaning the insides seems easy, just run water through them, but despite my best efforts at drying the tube it immediately picked up a pink bacterial mat. (A harmless bacteria, but yuck!). I'm now just not cleaning the insides of the tubes at all on the theory that I'm not breathing into those tubes much at all, it's all fresh filtered air coming from the machine. So far so good, but how would I know?

The last thing is F30i replacement parts are expensive; most places are still charging full $50 retail for a new cushion. You can find F20 cushions for very cheap.

Anyway I still much prefer the F30i but there's some tradeoffs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2021, 05:31 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Mine doesn't get dirty. Why? No machine to use a mask with until QUACK doctors get with the program.

Can you get a used machine?
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
After about a three week hiatus, I'm back using my machine. It felt good taking that long of a break, but I knew if I continued, I'd be more apt to stop altogether. 

Anyways, I got in 7.5 hrs. of use and my AHI was 1.2

I'm using the AirFit F30 and am still pleased with it. I was contemplating the purchase of an F30i, but I know the side tubes would bother me. 

I'm sure the cooler weather helps me out some, in regards to masking up for the night. Everything feels more comfortable. 

I think that's why I did so well with the whole process in the beginning, was that I started it in Sept. back in 2018. Anyways, I'm back onboard and hoping to get more complaint.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using th F30 for a long time now (hose in front). I keep the hose looped through my headboard (wrought iron like) with a hose cover on it so it has never been an issue for me getting tangled up in it.
I don't think I would like the ones with the side tubes. I do occasionally sleep on my side so I could see that getting uncomfortable for me.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL, I just had a new titration with new pulmonary team. One visit with CRNP Chris and he transferred out of the office. Before he did, he called me to say I was right on target about very high pre-existing CA and he now thinks I need ASV. I'm going to point the next new person to get me ST-A.

My Aetna Medicare Advantage plan did an automated call to tell me about pre-auth status on my pulmonary guys thinking I'll need yet another Titration with ASV. I hope insurance declined it so I can tell the CRNP I'll see soon we need to tell doc of ST-A that I borrowed recently and that with time controls it was quite good. Different feel than ASV but to be expected. ST-A and ASV are scripted off of E0471 here in the US.

As for buying used, can't. No money to do that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried the F30i.  While it is a comfortable mask, I couldn't get by the tube noise it made when sleeping on my side.  I couldn't sleep with that noise, even with a white noise machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really like the P30i! the side tubes aren't an issue in terms of sound--and I sleep on my sides and back. But, my hearing isn't the greatest. And in fact, I like the added structure that the side tubing gives. I really like the overhead attachment, with a hose hangar. No tangling.
This is my go to mask right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was my first using the F30i. At first it was comfortable,  but then it wasn't.  I don't think I had it adjusted for the potential of the pressure going up to 19 or 20, when actual titration called for 16. In trying to stop the leaks, I'm sure I snugged it up too tight, causing pain. I have dropped the max down to see if I can get the leaks down, as well as the pain. Again, I thank all of you for your replies. I've been a member for close to 8 years, and have learned a lot because of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have only used the F30i during the Titration and it appears it'll be used again during the next. It was tighter under the nose than I'd like, but I've yet to adjust it myself. The air tube frame isn't an issue for noise for me. It may turn out to be a great mask, but until I put miles on one, then the jury's out.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.