Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose extender - best practices?
Hose extender - best practices?
Hello all,
I am trying a F&P Vitera FFM tonight for the first time tonight.  My previous trial masks were nasal cushions or pillows (N30, N30i, P10).  I've come across a shortage of hose.  The previous masks had a foot or so of 'pigtail' connector hose attached to them, but the F&P does not.  My machine is on the floor beside the bed, so for the hose to go up to the hose buddy, and back down to my pillow, it's too short.  I can imagine that adding extra hose could add resistance and change performance in excessive cases.  Is there a current 'best practice' on the topic of extender hoses?  Recommended or not?

Thanks for any input.

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose extender - best practices?
There are 3rd party 3 meter hoses available. Your Resmed should have a 3m option under the hose type options. They are extremely low cost.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can add a short 18 inch hose easily. I have the SleepWeaver Featherweight Tubing, which works well. This isn’t heated but I have not had issues with rainout in this short tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the SleepWeaver Featherweight tube, too. It work's very well. No condensation problems with it hooked to my heated hose.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 219 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 543 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,246 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 526 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 617 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,513 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.