Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose glue?
(01-12-2014, 01:51 PM)iheartsleep Wrote: Lots of times when traveling I don't use the humidifier. I take the humidifier off my machine and connect my hose directly. I know a humidifier is important for regular use, but a night or two without it hasn't ever bothered me.

Yeah, in summer I might leave it (I don't use a humidifier on my boat on anchor, but that's a relatively high humidity environment), but the bone dry winter air really affects me the next day if I run w/o it. (sneezing, runny nose, etc.) so its not an option for my comfort. I just sniffed the hose I constructed, and the typical silicon caulk vinegar curing smell is almost gone (said a 24 hour cure) so I expect it will be ok tonight or tomorrow.

I tried the Z1 last night with the HME and it was useless (woke to dry nose symptoms as above - still sneezing and blowing my nose!). I'll try the F&P passive humidifier t0morrow night. If its also a no-go, I suppose I'll just have to lug my backup Intellipap Auto with me, and its heated humidifier...
(01-11-2014, 10:18 AM)mchad Wrote: I'd like to reduce the 2' patch hose in half.

I would cut a 1' section out of the middle of the hose and then splice the ends together using a plastic barbed fitting available at a good hardware store. No glue or clamps needed.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Praise for clip for hose tfield98 9 334 01-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  AirSense 10 Heated Hose Willky 12 446 01-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Last Post: derekroy
  Hose Temperature/Humidity Logic Question bluemom51 8 448 12-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Last Post: chill
  Climate line hose vs mask - adapter to connect? Beej 4 356 12-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Beej
  [CPAP] hose valve noise ArtistEd 7 540 12-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Last Post: ArtistEd
  Climateline hose duffer54 4 435 11-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Heated hose check ST1300 7 707 10-30-2016, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider