Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose holder what's good
Hose holder what's good
Looking for a hose holder to try. They are very costly here in Australia. What are the thoughts on those folding travel ones ?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose holder what's good
I use this one, it works well: Search online for Hose Buddy Systems. Commercial Link Removed.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out with a HoseBuddy hanger, which is a heavy metal hanger. It works very well at keeping the hose up and out of the way while sleeping. It is very well made and will last a lifetime. It is, however, relatively expensive. It is also heavy and bulky when trying to travel with it. 

I purchased the foldable cpap lift system to use when traveling. It is very compact when folded and easy to pack. It does a decent job of managing the hose, but it does have some drawbacks. Because of it’s lightweight and small base, it can become unstable if the hose is pulled too much and the mast can separate from the base. The hose is draped through a flexible loop at the top of the mast. The loop is attached to a bungee cord that is the mast which helps manage tension on the hose. I’ve found the loop has a tendency to let slack hose pull though causing entanglements when moving. Using a couple of Velcro wire ties to secure the hose to the mast will keep the hose from slipping. 

I prefer the heavier HoseBuddy for day to day use and prefer the foldable version when traveling. If I had to choose only one, it would be the foldable version.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the foldable one. Bought it on Amazon, cheapest hanger I could find there, its blue and folds/breaks down like bungee tent poles. I think it was $13 USD. I've been using it for 6 months without issue. The base is between the mattress and box spring at the head of the bed. I would buy it again or gift it without a doubt.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I have that blue coloured tangle free cpap hose holder from Amazon. It is pretty good..giving it a 4/5 rating. It's travel friendly too...I leave mine at home however.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same as Jesse Lee. It's light ,compact ,not expensive, came in a small travel bag , not the sturdiest but for the price .....

I used small band of duck tape on the slide in to keep it from swirling.

I like it , 4/5 rating is pretty accurate for me.

Thinking-about snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2018, 09:26 AM)snorybob Wrote: I have the same as Jesse Lee. It's light ,compact ,not expensive, came in a small travel bag , not the sturdiest but for the price .....

I used small band of duck tape on the slide in to keep it from swirling.

I like it , 4/5 rating is pretty accurate for me.

Thinking-about snorybob.

I'm on the road and decided to take my Resmed machine, when folded and stored in the travel pouch, the hanger fits well in the front pocket of the CPAP machine's travel case.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2018, 07:07 AM)JesseLee Wrote: I have the foldable one. Bought it on Amazon, cheapest hanger I could find there, its blue and folds/breaks down like bungee tent poles. I think it was $13 USD. I've been using it for 6 months without issue. The base is between the mattress and box spring at the head of the bed. I would buy it again or gift it without a doubt.

This...   It is one of the best CPAP related purchases I have made.  I use it daily and when travelling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all.
I ordered the blue coloured tangle free one from ebay US seller $28.52 Aud with freight . Best price here was $57.00 Aud.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Thumbsdown Tongue Holder / Retainer with CPAP does not meet expectations. G. Szabo 3 91 03-18-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 806 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.