Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose issues
Hose issues
I have recently started reusing my CPAP machine after a 2 year absence.

I now have a different mask, and am sleeping at night. My problem is that I wake up every morning with the hose wrapped around my throat. I have tried sleeping with the hose under the covers, but I still get it wrapped around my throat.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of any solutions?

many thanks,

Sharon
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose issues
you can put a hook on your wall to hang your hose on or put your hose over the headboard of your bed. I haven't ever had the problem but I can see how it can happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I will try that tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, Sharon. I have this problem every once in a while. There really is nothing wrong with this as long as your SO doesn't take advantage of the situation. Laugh-a-lot But to keep the hose from leaving tell-tale marks on your neck, you could get a cover/sock for the hose.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sharon D,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
There is a hose lift that is made so you can put the hose above your head. You might take a look at some of the suppliers list at the top of each page here on this board to see what they've got in the way of hose lifts. Some masks have a headloop on them so you can route the hose above your head. I hope this makes sense to you.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome SHaron D, I made my own hose lift similar to what me50 described, I suggest to everyone that they have the hose coming from above their head, not only does it stop tangling but it also reduces leaks as the mask is pulling up rather than being pulled down. Good to see your back on CPAP and stick to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2013, 11:13 AM)Sharon D Wrote: I have recently started reusing my CPAP machine after a 2 year absence.

I now have a different mask, and am sleeping at night. My problem is that I wake up every morning with the hose wrapped around my throat. I have tried sleeping with the hose under the covers, but I still get it wrapped around my throat.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of any solutions?

many thanks,

Sharon
Sharon, I had the same problem so I ordered a CPAP hose holder for $11.24 online. I guess we don't use brand names on this forum but a quick search will give you several options. It works perfectly!

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2013, 11:33 AM)me50 Wrote: you can put a hook on your wall to hang your hose on or put your hose over the headboard of your bed. I haven't ever had the problem but I can see how it can happen.
Good idea, same here don,t have this problem. But my problem with the machine falling off bedside table so now its placed on a small stool wedged between bedside table and the bed and secured so cannot be pulled or falling off
Post Reply Post Reply
I put my hose over the headboard and I never had a problem Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, that hose on the Nuance has a life of its own, doesn't it? It's the only hose I have ever had that has ever tried to kill me.

Try threading it through the loop in the headgear which will lead it upward and away from your throat. I actually didn't like it this way and instead just put the climateline hose between the headboard and the mattress with just enough tension to keep the mask's hose from it's murderous ways.

Quote:I guess we don't use brand names on this forum but a quick search will give you several options.
Brand names are fine to use. It is commercial links that are not. So unless a brand name is also a website name, you can use a brand all you want. I don't know where folks are getting this idea lately.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 211 2 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 217 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.