Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose issues
RE: Hose issues
(12-27-2013, 10:47 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Try threading it through the loop in the headgear which will lead it upward and away from your throat.

That was my solution to the problem of getting tangled up in the hose. It then passes through a loop of velcro that I have attached to the top of my headboard with a thumb tack.

Having the hose routing upward like that just adds to the whole look I've got going for myself. When my 3-year-old grandson saw me napping in a hotel room with my mask on it really freaked him out!

When I travel I don't bother with the loop on the headboard. I could probably stop using it at home, too. That way I'd have more slack to allow me to reach for things like the dog at the foot of the bed or the chain hanging from the ceiling fan.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your suggestions. I did sling the hose behind and over the headboard, and woke up this morning free of the hose. My mask is not really designed for doing this, as I needed lots of slack otherwise the pillows did not fit correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
True, nasal pillows can be problematic with this solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some nasal pillows are designed to be able to used in this way. My Opus 360 is an example. So was the ComfortLite2.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After pulling my machine off the nightstand a couple of times, I asked my DME and got a longer hose. When I get a replacement, it comes in the new length. If you don't want to go that route, check the supplier list, I think #2 had a 10 foot hose for about $20. I am thinking of getting an over the top holder for mine as I sometimes get wrapped up in the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
These lighter weight nasal pillows are getting really difficult to keep in place. It doesn't take much for them to be dislodged. The Nuance headgear has a little loop to feed the mask hose through and I tried that but for some reason, it actually made leaks worse. So now I just toss it up over the pillow and use the CPAP hose to hold it in place.

My CPAP sits right by my bed so I've got plenty of hose to use. The only time it has been pulled off is I keep a spare pillow wedged between the bed and that shelf. I pulled it out one night and it got tangled in the hose. I've since put it somewhere else. Oh, and the blankety blank cat has knocked it off once. I held him by the scruff of his neck and told him if he did it again, I'd have new slippers. Then I tossed him outside. He's not done it again.

I have plans in my head of making a box on the shelf, a cage really, for the CPAP. One of these days I'll get around to making it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 113 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 159 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 220 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.