Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit F30 question
ResMed AirFit F30 question
I recently received my F30 AirFit mask. I received the whole mask assembly (mask, cushion, quiet hose elbow, and headgear). I was also sent two extra cushions for it.

Okay......so I know the cushion can be detached from the mask. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to do that. I squeeze the cushion on it's sides, just like I did for the AirFit F20, the 1st time I took it apart. Still nothing!

This time, it's not as easy. The F30 cushion and mask behave as one. I don't want to destroy either trying to separate them. 

Does anyone have any advice, tips, or a few hints as to what I can do? Something this simple, shouldn't be this complicated.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit F30 question
I had the same situation as you, try twisting it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Success at last!!  Amazing

I squeezed the sides of the cushion harder and it popped right out. But.....it now looks as if I won't be taking it apart all that much. I really had to force the cushion in order to get it to properly seat back into the frame.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I had similar issues.  To put it on rotate the cushion clockwise onto the frame, when taking the cushion off I rotate the cushion counterclockwise and it comes right off.  Make sure when you put it on you should hear a loud click as it seats itself into the frame.  
This seems to work for me, let me know how you make out.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I 1st got it I could not take the cushion off and I thought the cushion and frame were one piece. So I was thinking do I have to replace the whole thing to replace the cushion which doesn't sound right. I was finally able to forcefully pull it off.

I do what yankees123 does I rotate about 3/16 of an inch while pushing it in.

Being the male that I am and reading directions only when you have too, I finally read them and it appears that you just pull it off.
Here is Resmed's link. It is on page 4, picture 3.

https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf

But it still seems to work better by rotating it.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies and how to go about it. I will do exactly that in the future. 

This site rocks!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All!

I've had issues with the f30 and similar masks like this where I wake up in the middle of the night and the apex of my nose is sore and I need to take the mask off. I've had to switch back to my f20 for now. I have adjusted it some. I also had it fitted I told them about it and they said just to use my f20. Any thoughts? Thanks

-b

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I've had no issues or problems with the F30 irritating my face. For me, and to get a good seal, I have mine adjusted a bit on the tight side. 

What I have noticed with the F30, is I can breathe a bit easier thru my nose. I can't do that all night, as I have tried, and the best that I can do is 10-15 min. or so.

You didn't say how long you've been using it. You may need to give it some time and for your nose to adjust to it. I find myself using the F30 more and more than my F20.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,680 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,715 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,522 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,963 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,303 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,725 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 364 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.