Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hosing up without the lights on
Gross 
Hosing up without the lights on
Thought I would share my experience from last night.

I had a few wee drams of scotch last night, not enough to cause a hangover or so I thought. Having watched a few TV programs after ThatOtherGirl had gone to bed I hosed up basically in the dark and drifted off to sleep only to wake with a terrible headache in the early hours. I thought I had a hangover until I started rubbing my head (for relief) and realised I had twisted the head straps on the mask and the "twisted knot" was being pressed into my scalp by the chin strap headgear. Oh-jeez

I tried to ignore it, but after 30 minutes of tossing it was into the ensuite to take all the gear off and reapply it (with lights on) before getting back into bed. Instant relief. Dancing

So who has done something similarly silly? Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hosing up without the lights on
i have not ...
but, thanks for my morning giggle.... great story!
Post Reply Post Reply
Because I didn't turn on any lights in the middle of night, and being half asleep, I inadvertently refilled my humidifier tank with white vinegar instead of distilled water! This mistake was immediately detected when I put the mask back on. Oh-jeez
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I made a mistake once; but I was wrong.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yeah, I do stuff like that all the time! And I don't drink!

And I am TYPING LOUD ON PURPOSE. heh
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2014, 08:12 AM)PollCat Wrote: Because I didn't turn on any lights in the middle of night, and being half asleep, I inadvertently refilled my humidifier tank with white vinegar instead of distilled water! This mistake was immediately detected when I put the mask back on. Oh-jeez
nothing wrong with that, bit of salt, some potato chips and you'd have a good midnight snack.Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like time to start a new thread entitled, 'Should I use vinegar or bourbon in my humidifier?"

Answer: Use bourbon, its been distilled.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2014, 08:20 AM)PaytonA Wrote: It looks like time to start a new thread entitled, 'Should I use vinegar or bourbon in my humidifier?"

Answer: Use bourbon, its been distilled.

I just snorted a bit of grape (raw) out my nose. Thank you for that experience.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Funny Funny Thread!
Post Reply Post Reply
Dang, I twist my straps all the time - and that is WITH the lights on. If I don't want to wake the one that must be obeyed, I disconnect the mask from the hose and go in the other room where I can have some more light. I can easily attach the hose back to the mask in the dark.

I know about the grape out the nose trick, I once did coffee out the nose when someone said something that I thought was hilarious. The pilot asked what happened, and my student said the Instructor Navigator just blew coffee out his nose. That set the tone for the reminder of the flight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS/FL (PLMS): Yellow/R Lights For So Many Lingering Folks_“Is Bilevel the Answer?" mper6794 107 16,101 06-22-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho
  A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off? player 5 4,860 01-26-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
Ohmy [CPAP] Screen Lights On Resmed Airsense 10 Turn On & It Generates Reports Very Frequently tabbygreye 5 7,551 02-19-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  When the lights go out OMyMyOHellYes 11 4,116 11-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Last Post: JWR

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.