Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hot air, can't breathe or sleep, ugh.
RE: Hot air, can't breathe or sleep, ugh.
Thank you both, I did re-setup the machine for tonights sleep. I messed around so much with it last night because I was getting frustrated. EPR is set to 3, min pressure is now 8. I will turn off Ramp and see how it goes, it was just set like this initially because I felt pressure in my ears at times. I have just continued with it this way because it seemed to have worked.

Lets see how it goes tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
I also struggled with pressure in my ears, especially at first, but I found that after a while, even with my dysfunctional Eustachian tubes, I don't get real discomfort anymore. All I have to do is swallow a couple of times with the mask on and the air running, and eventually, the pressure equalises now (it didn't at first). It gives me hope that I may one day be able to actually go diving because I couldn't bear the pressure on my ears underwater more than a few feet. Hopefully, now that you've been using it for a while, you won't need the ramp (or at least only for five minutes and start from a pressure higher than the minimum if you really are struggling). But ideally, no ramp as others have said.
Post Reply Post Reply
" When I turn it on the air seems hot "

Just checking.. does the "hot" air cool down , or does it seem hot/warm for the whole night ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure the humidifier is off - it would be moving room temperature air only, there is nothing to heat it up.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a Climate line hose?  That would possible heat the air. If so turn it off or use the standard hose
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow-up, I figured I would give it a couple days. I am still struggling with fully breathing out a bit, and with rainout, which I was not having before. I do have a climate line and I have tried the climate control on and off and with the humidity manual and automatic.

I am attaching the last day or two screenshots from Oscar.

(09-18-2021, 10:20 AM)DaveCar Wrote: " When I turn it on the air seems hot "

Just checking.. does the "hot" air cool down , or does it seem hot/warm for the whole night ?

Seems to stay warm constantly, where as it seems like previously it would cool down :-(

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Imho, heat would only be coming from three places;  hose heater (climateline), tank heater (humidifier), or motor (plugged intake filter causing it to work extra hard).
If you're getting rainout you would need to either increase hose heat or reduce tank heat, because the air is too humid within the hose/mask and it's just plain old precipitation thats happening.
I hate breathing hot air, so I usually keep my humidifier temperature as low as possible to minimize dry-mouth, and then adjust the hose heater as low as possible to prevent rainout.  But that's only in the winter, when the house is very dry.
Is your house very dry in summer/fall ?  (just wondering if you even need a humidifier currently)
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2021, 08:13 AM)DaveCar Wrote: Imho, heat would only be coming from three places;  hose heater (climateline), tank heater (humidifier), or motor (plugged intake filter causing it to work extra hard).
If you're getting rainout you would need to either increase hose heat or reduce tank heat, because the air is too humid within the hose/mask and it's just plain old precipitation thats happening.
I hate breathing hot air, so I usually keep my humidifier temperature as low as possible to minimize dry-mouth, and then adjust the hose heater as low as possible to prevent rainout.  But that's only in the winter, when the house is very dry.
Is your house very dry in summer/fall ?  (just wondering if you even need a humidifier currently)

Last night was a rough night. Three hours of sleep in total. Same sort of thing as before... I will need to get my readings but I am at work. 

Settings: 
--------------------------
Max pressure: 10cm
Min pressure: 8cm
EPR set to 3
I tried it with no ramp and with ramp.

When I exhale, I get the feeling that I need to inhale again or at least I cannot fully exhale. I turned off the temperature control, left humidity at 3. Rain out occurred again to which has been going all summer without it. I have a call into the local supplier here in town to see if maybe there is something with my machine or its me. For 10 years I have the same settings (before the recommended changes) and ran into a rough night here and there... but now I cannot seem to relax with this thing. 

Can these machines go bad?
Post Reply Post Reply
I fell asleep last night without my mask on, but woke up and put it on and still struggled. Here are the last two nights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
There appears to be many missing chunks of data.
Any idea whats going on there ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 264 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 108 8,790 12-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: vgrando
  Breathe Right Strips and Central Apneas TiredTom111 10 1,174 12-26-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Woke up with a stuffy nose for the last two nights,couldnt breathe.Suggestions? vrapche031 8 2,024 10-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.