Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hot air, can't breathe or sleep, ugh.
RE: Hot air, can't breathe or sleep, ugh.
That is me shutting off the machine, trying to relax and then putting it back on again
Post Reply Post Reply
Whats is the temperature?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2021, 10:33 AM)dolceitalia Wrote: Whats is the temperature?

I have been all over the place from 62-70 and as well I have had it off. It doesn't seem like it does anything either way. And I have been getting rainout each night for the last week regardless of temperature or humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2021, 08:54 AM)cvillard Wrote: That is me shutting off the machine, trying to relax and then putting it back on again

I guess it's an understatement that you're not really getting much "proper" sleep.

Worth trying with no heaters and no water ?
Empty tank, turn humidifier manual/off, and turn hose/climateline off.

If it's still warm/hot air after that, then there might be a problem with the unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2021, 11:55 AM)DaveCar Wrote: I guess it's an understatement that you're not really getting much "proper" sleep.

Worth trying with no heaters and no water ?
Empty tank, turn humidifier manual/off, and turn hose/climateline off.

If it's still warm/hot air after that, then there might be a problem with the unit.

Thank you, will try that tonight. I did make an appointment with the local supplier to have them look at my machine on Monday. I will note that this machine is 10 years old. The supplier was surprised I got this far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post a screenshot with all the settings ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare and most insurance guidelines say to replace the machine every 5 years. User manual for my machines has a "specifications" section that says "design life" is 5 years.

Is the water tub overfull? My machine manual says this is a possible cause.

Is the machine filter in good shape? Could a bad filter cause the machine to overheat?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2021, 07:25 PM)clownbell Wrote: Medicare and most insurance guidelines say to replace the machine every 5 years. User manual for my machines has a "specifications" section that says "design life" is 5 years.

Is the water tub overfull? My machine manual says this is a possible cause.

Is the machine filter in good shape? Could a bad filter cause the machine to overheat?

My local supplier said I am way overdue. Sadly I have to pay whatever the cost is because og my high deductible. That said, last night was a bit more interesting. 

I decided to find my wifes old S9 and try her humidifier tank. When I broke mine down I noticed there was a rubber gasket that was bent up inside where the main machine attaches. So I hooked hers up and gave it a quick test and this time I could hear the machine spin up when I inhaled and then quiet down as I exhaled. So maybe this bent gasket was allowing air by or not allowing the pressure to regulate? The air also seemed cooler, but did end up with some water in the tube again. I need to play with the settings a bit and find the right setting again, but I am going to dry everything out, leave the tank empty and see if that still happens. Though I had my mask off a bit last night, attached is the latest OSCAR report and a pic of that gasket ring.

Also, I should probably breakdown my machine a bit more rather than just clean the tank, as it is a bit dusty.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have to pay for your on, take a look at this site from the suppliers list at the top of the site. We have purchased 2 from them both used but one with 1month and the other 1’ week. Both great machines and good price. They also sell open box and new.

[DME Link Removed] Supplier #2

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, This will be super helpful!!

Last night I went dry. No tank water, no humidity, and no climate control and I still ended up with water. It’s like the air on my exhale is too hot creating the moisture. I can feel the air is a bit cool coming out of the machine but maybe not cool enough?

The supplier said they could pressure test my machine but wouldn’t be able to make any fixes to it. So I might be facing down the new machine anyhow. Didn’t sleep great because it seems the warm air and moisture kept waking me up and I would take of my mask to start again.

Sort of baffled by this and frustrated. I appreciate all the help you have all given.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 217 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 249 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 293 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 108 8,975 12-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: vgrando
  Breathe Right Strips and Central Apneas TiredTom111 10 1,241 12-26-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,401 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Woke up with a stuffy nose for the last two nights,couldnt breathe.Suggestions? vrapche031 8 2,077 10-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.